Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe 32 is a great performer but the break-in time is intolerable
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2670300&mesg_id=2670350
2670350, The 32 is a great performer but the break-in time is intolerable
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Aug-09-18 03:27 PM
The uppers have to break in. The soles have to break in. The midsole has to break in. The flight plate has to break in.

Step-in comfort is like non-existent. They were hard as shit to put on and they felt still and weird all over at first. The upper took a few miles of walking to break in and the midsole sloooooowly broke in thereafter. The traction was noisy (usually a good sign) but a little slick for a while, now it's gotten better. Only now after like 25-30 wears do I feel any torque/whip on the flight plate, until now it felt overly stiff kind of like the Curry 3. They are real high off the ground for a Zoom shoe but personally I don't mind that. I love the shoe now but it was a long road to this point, usually I don't have that much patience. The good thing is that they are very durable so it's not like they break in and then a week later you are looking to replace them. Flyknit is very strong, so is the rubber compound on the outsole.