Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHere's where it gets fun...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2669624&mesg_id=2669727
2669727, Here's where it gets fun...
Posted by auragin_boi, Wed Aug-01-18 08:48 AM
>>1) How many games do the Lakers (35-47 last season) win
>this
>>year?
>
>45-37
>
>>2) Of these teams, who makes the playoffs:
>>1-Rockets (65-17)
>>2-Warriors (58-25)
>>3-Blazers (49-33)
>>4-Jazz (48-34)
>>5-Thunder (48-34)
>>6-Pelicans (48-34)
>>8-Wolves (47-35)
>>9-Nuggets (46-36)
>
>Boom

Bron and Pop not in the postseason?!?! WOW. I'm VERY curious about the Lakers chances. Everything goes right and 55 seems attainable but if anything goes wrong, 45 could be it. And 45 will make them a bubble team in the West. I'm looking at LeBron's last few teams and the bigger issues were all on the defensive end. But he knew they could coast in the east. Won't have that Luxury in the West. Lakers gonna get the same energy the Warriors get no matter who they play. And almost every night, gonna be a tough matchup.

>>
>>3) Which team will improve the most and which team will fall
>>off the hardest?
>
>Suns improve the most
>Spurs fall off the most

I can't clap to the Spurs. Until Pop leaves, they win no less than 45 games and are always a threat to make the 'offs.

>>4) Who will have the best season between the Suns, Mavs and
>>Kings?
>
>Suns

I get it, Ayton and Bridges added to Josh Jackson and Booker. But they need a PG. Knight is not it and they let Elf and Ulis go. Key to their season will probably be Elie Okobo and how well he develops. I like the kid though. Not sure they are better than Dallas this yr though.

>>5) Which west rookie will have the biggest impact on team
>>success yr 1 and why?
>>-Doncic
>>-Ayton
>>-Bagley
>>-SGA
>>-Giles (technically)
>>-Bridges
>>-Porter Jr
>>-Other
>
>Ayton then SGA

SGA is set up nice for a ROY run. Ayton has to share the rock with Booker. Bagley is gonna need time. JJJ isn't the focus of Memph yet, Young is gonna be a front runner. Bamba is a back up for now. Doncic might have a decent shot also. SGA isn't as much on anyone's radar and the Clippers don't have an identity right now. Sexton is in a good spot but Love is the go to.