Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt really sets the stage for so many possibilities
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2667964&mesg_id=2670612
2670612, It really sets the stage for so many possibilities
Posted by Paps_Smear, Mon Aug-13-18 10:06 AM
>Kenny and Kota had to face each other at the end and were
>dreading it.

I really wanted to see this run back at WK but I understand. That long term booking that njpw does, I'm sure Kota will get his main event one of these days and I'll be epic as hell.

>Okada having an existential crisis that involved balloons for
>some reason.

He just said that Gedo was no longer going to be his manager. The man was champ for so long and lost his title and himself in the process. Maybe we're going to see the rainmaker rebuild himself. Something tells me he could beat Tanahashi for that briefcase.

>Tanahashi looking like a worldbeater.

Dude performed like a God in the G1 and let everyone know that he's still the Ace. I was pulling for Kota but I'm not even mad Tana won this. Everything he's done for new japan he deserves this win. Him and Kenny may put on one hell of a show at WK.

>Naito having his block in the bag only to lose it at the end.

Naito is in a weird spot right now. Lost the WK main event, lost the IC title to Jericho, and still is one of the most popular wrestler on the roster. I have no idea what's next for him and I think that's exactly what the company wants us to feel. He's going to get that title win one of these days.

>Juice Robinson had an injury/losing streak and was
>reevaluating his career.

Him losing all those matches in the tournament set so many people up for a US Title shot, and I really feel like he's going to pull off those wins against them for his underdog story.

>Ishii looking like a badass all tourney and earning a title
>match.

Ishii is absolutely on fire now and I'm already marking out for Omega's title defense against him. I've never seen these two not perform well with each other. The next match is going to be sick and I almost feel like Ishii was the MVP of the G1. I think these two will face each other on the Destruction tour next month.

>I wasn't always crazy about the Firing Squad interference, but
>they had to do something to keep them strong as they lost I
>guess.

The interference got on a lot of people's nerves but I think we're looking at the real bad boys of njpw. They're doing what Suzuki-Gun has been doing all along but they don't care if they get caught or not. They won the Never tag titles and tossed them out of the ring pretty much saying fuck em. One good thing is I'm interested in every aspect of what they've set up so far and I know each story will be handled well in ring.