Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYou Keep What You Kill-The 2018/2019 New York Knicks season post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2667345&mesg_id=2667345
2667345, You Keep What You Kill-The 2018/2019 New York Knicks season post
Posted by Numba_33, Fri Jul-06-18 11:37 AM
The You Keep What You Kill phrase is in reference to coach David Fizdale making all of the players actually compete for starting minutes according to what they show in training camps. I like the strategy to keep the players humble, mainly because the Knicks will likely be trash this season, especially since Porzingis will be out for considerable time. I personally want to see if Fizdale brings some defensive schemes and game planing, as the Knicks have been missing that for the past decade or two. I also hope Fizdale doesn't let individual players just stat pad in the absence of Porzingis as that will develop bad habits for the younger guys on this team.

I suppose it is a bit early to make this post since the roster hasn't fully taken shape yet. I believe I read news that the Pacers signed Kyle O'Quinn, so that's one roster slot the Knicks will have to fill. I'm hoping the front office is patient with this team as it's going to take some years for the Knicks to correct the mistakes of the prior years of blunders.

I'm not paying any attention to rumors of top tier free agents wanting to play for the Knicks next season since I don't see what any top tier players would gain from playing with the Knicks as currently constructed. Patient development of the young talent is how I see the Knicks prospering. Here's to hoping David Fizdale along with the current front office are the men for that job.