Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCleveland Cavaliers Offseason Post: A Rant and Call To Arms
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2666841
2666841, Cleveland Cavaliers Offseason Post: A Rant and Call To Arms
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jul-03-18 10:01 AM
LeBron is gone.
This'll make O_E mad, this'll make Vex mad, this'll make the Laker fans who are now going to root for him mad.

But good. It's time. I'm tired of having to angst over what Golden Piss is doing and whether the Cavs will make the finals, and whether LeBron is going to continue to grift his way through the franchise because of a fucking Microsoft Word font to continue to compete.

I'm not happy that he chose the Lakers (even over a team like Philly), but if he's going to be in chill mode for 4 years after a season like the last, fine. I'll miss those Playoff LeFuckYou 3s, though. If they win a title, that means Golden Piss didn't, so good. It's the Lakers, they have a zillion of them. Fuck Braymond, Binky, PBS Logo, Cupsnake and the rest of em in the goat ass.

I'd rather see Houston or OKC come out of the West though. CP3 getting a ring and/or the continuation of the NyQuil/RedBull Alliance in a post-Snake world is more compelling than a post-Kobe Laker team, unless Ingram ends up being the "Kyrie" of that squad.

Speaking of Kyrie... I am still PISSED that he forced his way out of town. he was my favorite in franchise history. He delivered one of the most signature plays in franchise history. he also promised never to leave. but he was forced out, IMO. and here, LeBron is not, and never will be blameless.

these last two offseasons have been brutal. my two faves ever in the history of being a fan of this team, once playing together, now playing on the two franchises who don't need "help". and that's just what the league wants.

That being said:

going forward, it is imperative to tank. ATL owns the Cavs pick if they fall out of the top 10 next season. Here's where I'll need Gilbert to fall back. The greatest "Fuck You" that can be given will not need to be immediate. Philly did it, people roasted them for it, look at them now. For a team that doesn't have the bullshit landed-gentry pedigree of the Boston Celtics, Philly has landed in my opinion, two great players to actually compete in a now-LeBron-free Eastern Conference.

there are enough good teams from Miami (at the bottom) to Boston (unfortunately, at the top) that the Cavs don't need to wedge themselves right in right away.

they already have more than they were left with in 2010, in Collin Sexton, precisely the kind of "F.U." player that needs to lead this tank in a post-LeBron landscape.

Billy Preston is the kind of flyer that needs to be hung in these times as well. Sign him with the MLE after Summer League. no use in using that for anything else.

fuck around and those two could be the Embiid/Simmons of the New Cavs.

which leaves more.

Cedi Osman, Rodney Hood, Larry Nance, Jr. should be part of the plans for the future.

Flop Gear (Clarkson), JR, TT need to find new homes in the next couple of seasons. If Milwaukee wants to give us Delly back, we'll take him for JR, and you can do whatever with that contract. TT? don't give a fuck, send him to Denver or some shit.

Unfortunately, this also means that Kevin Love will have to be dealt. Never thought he'd be the last man standing from these last 4 seasons. Hopefully it's Utah. He would be able to compete over there. OKC, if they didn't have Melo to deal with. That's where I'd like him to be if it can't be here.

George Hill is conditional. I'd keep him for veteran presence.

Unfortunately, Cavs are stuck with Ty Lue for at least 2 more seasons. Let's hope the Cavs stand in place and give him the boot once it's time. No better coach for a time you need to tank.

Only acquisition I really want to see these next couple seasons is Sam Hinkie. Whatever he's doing? fuck it. Bring him here ASAP.

It's highly unlikely that the Cavs will ever score another LeBron. Or attract another high-tier dude in FA anytime soon, because players do this wack shit of superteams in supercities. I expect the Brooklyn Nets to be that team as the current generation of stars come together. all FOs need to hedge toward this. Especially the Cavs, given the popularity of LeBron and the pervasiveness of his media narratives. So the only way to get a good team now is draft, draft, draft. this mindset will make the future less of a drag.

in closing:

fuck ESPN, fuck Stephen A. Smith, fuck the NBA establishment.

It's gonna suck, but we'll be back eventually. No one's allowed on the bandwagon when it happens.

In 2019, 20 wins or bust. Let the tank roll on.
2666843, I can see them making the playoffs this year.
Posted by Cenario, Tue Jul-03-18 10:12 AM
they need to get rid of jr tho.
2666849, they got an outside shot.. might need to make a move or two
Posted by LegacyNS, Tue Jul-03-18 10:20 AM
Pistons are gonna be fighting for the other spot. Gotta see what Charlotte looks like...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================
2666857, I want NO parts of the playoffs for at least 2-3 seasons. None
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jul-03-18 10:28 AM
and Gilbert better not try to force it. they need to tank all the way to 2021
2666867, i'm wit you on that...but if they play hard, they can do it.
Posted by Cenario, Tue Jul-03-18 10:50 AM
they have a decent team and love is an all star. A lot of guys with something to prove. Lue too.
2666887, I would LOVE for Kevin to lead them to 45 wins and a top 6 in the East
Posted by auragin_boi, Tue Jul-03-18 11:40 AM
playoff spot...ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.
2666889, like he did in Minnesota? oh nevermind...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jul-03-18 11:44 AM
2666892, he won 40 in the west in his last season. woulda been 45+ in the east
Posted by Cenario, Tue Jul-03-18 11:53 AM
easy
2666898, so Love is back to being a star now because he was a scrub w/ Lebron lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jul-03-18 12:05 PM
2666934, man, SKILP!!! laid it out, talking about PG's decision
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jul-03-18 01:40 PM
anyone playing alongside LeBron is a No. 2 by default. that got him a well-deserved ring. Kevin Love has been a blast to have, defensive issues aside, just because of what he can do on offense. remembering dudes like Alonzo Gee playing his role, hell, even TT... it was a breath of fresh air to see him just being able to shoot and hit.

it's all good when you win, but when you don't, or the chemistry ain't there? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit. we all saw how that went down.

usually, Skip Bayless is the last one you should be listening to when talking anything LBJ related but he hit the nail on the head with that discussion about how Kevin Love was the scapegoat for everything that went wrong.

At this point, not competing for a title, there's no need for Kevin Love to be the "star" of this team. On a playoff team where he doesn't even have to be one of the Big 3? he's got a few more years of that left in his career IMO. even if he goes to the Lakers, it don't matter.

I'm praying that it can be OKC or Utah (provided OKC D-12s Melo as they should).
2667097, Only vex idiot was calling him a scrub
Posted by Cenario, Wed Jul-04-18 08:25 AM
2667100, I actually called him a very good player
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Jul-04-18 09:30 AM
What I said was that he's not an all-star caliber player in the playoffs. We had 4 years to go off of. His production dropped significantly in the playoffs and he shot poorly.

So - good player - not a star in the playoffs.

Upsetting?

-->
2670243, I dunno, the East sucks just enough but I still don't think so
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Aug-09-18 02:09 AM
Boston
Philly
Toronto
Indy
Washington (someone has to make it from that shitty division)
Bucks

I'd say those six are pretty firm. Miami is very well-coached, they have a shot at getting back in. I felt like Charlotte underachieved a bit last year but then again underachieving is kind of their thing. Detroit and Chicago I could see finishing ahead of Cleveland in their own division. I guess there is a chance because the East is not only lacking in elite teams but also kind of thin now. But if they do make it I think it would signify pretty disappointing seasons for some other teams who are on the cusp of mediocrity.

Let's not push this "Kevin Love is an all-star thing." It is true but the position has been thin, kinda like when Antoine Walker had his run of ASG appearances. That's a line for Bron haters who are also like "JR Smith was a sixth man of the year. Rodney Hood and Jordan Clarkson were some of the best shooting guards in the West. Kyle Korver was an all-star!!!"

Technically he has been an all-star but in reality he is in decline, inconsistent and his best years are behind him. He should get a chance to pad his stats nicely but I don't think he'll reach the levels he did in Minnie.

2702863, RE: I can see them making the playoffs this year.
Posted by isaaaa, Tue Sep-10-19 01:17 AM
lol
2666852, Cavs gonna be awful for the next 10 seasons.
Posted by PROMO, Tue Jul-03-18 10:23 AM
Basically, what happened to Detroit after they tore their mid 00's title team down.

Enjoy.
2666858, not this time. I give them 4 seasons of umitigated suck.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jul-03-18 10:29 AM
having Sexton before the tank officially starts is a good move.
2666864, Sexton is a try hard bamma w/ talent and athleticism.
Posted by PROMO, Tue Jul-03-18 10:36 AM
that's usually a good combo. so, in that regard i think Cavs did good. he MIGHT be like Russ-lite guy.
2669204, "now with more 25% more country twang!!"
Posted by adg87, Tue Jul-24-18 04:21 PM
LMAO! Dude does strike me as extremely backwoods.
2666862, two separate problems
Posted by cgonz00cc, Tue Jul-03-18 10:32 AM
yes the core aged out

but they aint havr to replace it with Iverson, Gordon,amd Villanueva
2666861, Who do i see about my security depo..
Posted by SeV, Tue Jul-03-18 10:32 AM
..Uhh nevermind

I'll just..

Yea..

https://i0.wp.com/equity.guru/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/bcc4.gif?ssl=1

Dallas Cavericks LETS GO!!
2666866, have fun in LA, dogg
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jul-03-18 10:40 AM
it's gonna be weird since that's forcing Kobestan and LeBronon to coexist but... yeah
2666874, Wolves will probably trade Wiggins for Love back
Posted by okayplayery, Tue Jul-03-18 11:01 AM
that would be funny.
2666880, Cavs aren’t relevant anymore...
Posted by hip bopper, Tue Jul-03-18 11:21 AM
so it no longer matters what they do from this point forward.

It was great for him to go to the Lakers. I think that Magic will be great for him at this point in his career. I know that diehard Cavs fans are salty a bit, but as being a fellow Akronite he’ll get support no matter where he went.

The Cavs don’t have to try and tank. They are gonna suck for years to come. The thing is that how the NBA is handling the draft from this point forward will not help them. Fans should be happy that they won a chip and went to 4 straight Finals. The Cavs are in elite company.
2666890, nigga, i'll see you in just over a year when y'all draft cam, rj or zion.
Posted by Basaglia, Tue Jul-03-18 11:50 AM

until then, enjoy this disaster.
2666931, what I'm aiming for. I expect a Duke dude to be over here
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jul-03-18 01:31 PM
since everyone goes to Duke now, LOL
2666893, We have a winning culture so it's not that bad...
Posted by Kira, Tue Jul-03-18 11:59 AM
Cavs Nation is too reactionary to allow tanking. We have to make it a competitive tank. Losing games by five and 10 points at most because the rules changed so a true tank does not guarantee a good pick. TT gets stretched, JR, Love, Hood, and Clarkson are traded for picks. Love is a prime candidate for a late first round pick from a contender. That solves the salary cap issue.

I want all our developmental guys to get time. Bron wasn't willing to develop young players at all. If JR goes hopefully it's for a pick or a young player that isn't working out at the moment. Bring back TJ Williams while we're at it. We play in an east devoid of legit franchise players compared to the west. There's like three great teams in the east now so we have a chance to get back to the summit in time.

If our next franchise player gets on the Lebron non committal BS then trade him for picks while you can because damn forcing shitty contracts in hopes the player stays.
2666895, can we take a second to recognize how good a name "Golden Piss" is?
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jul-03-18 12:00 PM
2666910, I will always have respect for Cleveland and their fans.
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Jul-03-18 12:38 PM
and will miss the back and forth banter w/ you and other Cavs fans - who surprisingly were able to find common ground between Land Stans and Lebronanon.

2016 will forever be the most memorable and enjoyable NBA experience I've ever had - and that rafter should be etched in gold tethers and over-sized inside the Q. I'm happy for Cleveland that Bron came back just to deliver that Gold.

I hope for the best for the Cavs moving forward - but also feel that Gilbert is a perpetual travesty as owner - and really want to see new leadership at the helm.

The last 4 years were a blast - but also exhausting. I think both sides are happy to move on in mutual departure.

-->
2666920, wow i JUST made the Flop Gear connection smhhhh
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Jul-03-18 01:15 PM
2666947, The non-LeBron CLEVELAND bandwagon? Nigga....
Posted by bignick, Tue Jul-03-18 02:17 PM
>It's gonna suck, but we'll be back eventually. No one's
>allowed on the bandwagon when it happens.
2666985, *points to the door*
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jul-03-18 03:41 PM
2667645, lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jul-09-18 12:22 PM
2669098, its almost like the Laker bandwagon last year
Posted by LAbeathustla, Mon Jul-23-18 04:01 PM
and the year before, and the year before..
2667590, i don't think they gonna suck
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sun Jul-08-18 09:01 PM
unlike when Bron left for my Heat, this time the Cavs got some pieces to be a low post season team.

i think the Cavs won't be terrible.got a chance to be 7th or 8th seed.

kevin love is a key
2667766, I really like Sexton, man
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jul-10-18 11:39 AM
did before the draft. at least more than Trae, who I didn't want the Cavs to draft if they were going for a PG.

like, my favorite Cavs have always been guards. LeBron plays like one so that's how he factors in.

But despite having LeGOAT on the team my FAVORITES were Terrell Brandon and Kyrie. In fact, LeBron was like the 1b until the Cavs got to the Finals the first time.

Sexton seems to fit that mold. he ain't a smooth operator like TB, but I think he got the skills for a winning team.

says nothing for Cedi who I think will be a quality NBA wing, and Zizic who can be a quality NBA big.

and if Billy P ends up being ....something? you just might be right.
2669096, signs pointing to Kevin Love staying, and an extension being signed
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Jul-23-18 03:17 PM
which... ok?

we do need a veteran presence of cats that can actually play, however I wonder what they're gonna do at SF.

Hood still not signed yet. good sign is that no other teams are trying to break the bank.

2669101, OL CHETTY! RETURN OF THE CHETTY! © shay sharpe
Posted by dula dibiasi, Mon Jul-23-18 04:20 PM
>
>however I wonder what they're gonna do at SF.
>
2669231, oh, no doubt. I hope he actually gets tick this season
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Jul-25-18 10:19 AM
he's been actually good in Euroleague, with a lot of shit he obviously learned from playing with Korver and LeBron.

Cavs just need another. The other forward slot is pretty packed (Love, Nance, TT, and soon to be Preston, who I think will be the Love backup in due time).

and Rodney Hood (whenever the hell they sign him)... don't think he'll be that wing. But who knows.

2669162, yep. Kev staying. 4/120.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jul-24-18 11:35 AM
2669167, pockets are STR8!!!!
Posted by bnicedh, Tue Jul-24-18 12:10 PM
2669170, i guess theyre looking to compete
Posted by mista k5, Tue Jul-24-18 12:28 PM
hard to see them having a chance vs celtics, sixers or raptors. if they want to keep love long term who do they need to get rid of to really compete?

if they suck (fighting for 8th seed or worse) which teams would want to trade for love? what would be a realistic return for him?
2669171, trust dan gilbert to make the white choice
Posted by bshelly, Tue Jul-24-18 12:37 PM
2669173, it's front loaded, so don't be surprised if they Blake it up after 2
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jul-24-18 12:56 PM
I'm not convinced that this is a Gilbert special (like rehiring Mike Brown, the Philly trade that gave us Bynum, etc)
2669200, From what I just read
Posted by Numba_33, Tue Jul-24-18 03:47 PM
the new extension isn't all that front loaded, so assuming he has health problems like he's had the post couple of years, it's going to be hard to move him. At least with Blake Griffin, he's somewhat young, so there's some slight promise to the team getting him. Kevin Love is fairly old and will be that much older in a year or two.
2669202, Love is 9 months older than Blake Griffin
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jul-24-18 04:06 PM
>the new extension isn't all that front loaded, so assuming he
>has health problems like he's had the post couple of years,
>it's going to be hard to move him. At least with Blake
>Griffin, he's somewhat young, so there's some slight promise
>to the team getting him. Kevin Love is fairly old and will be
>that much older in a year or two.
2670244, IMO they are both approaching washed territory
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Aug-09-18 02:15 AM
Griffin is constantly hurt. There is almost zero consistency in Love's production or even his style of play. They can put up some decent numbers now but I wouldn't make a deal for either of them. If the Cavs could get value for Love they would have already traded him but they knew they couldn't so they made this statement about sticking with him no matter what. Griffin didn't fetch a king's ransom or anything either and I bet the Clippers end up winning that trade.
2670056, this is actually true of their newest sighting: Sam Dekker to Cavs
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Aug-06-18 01:15 PM
nominal contract amount. so that's two forwards, guess he gonna be Cedi's backup for 2018.

2669199, I'm just loving yet hating how all of us know who "PBS Logo" is
Posted by mtbatol, Tue Jul-24-18 03:34 PM
Now I can't stop laughing

All that aside, that young bol Sexton looks like he could be an absolute killer. Dunno what his ceiling is tbh but he's definitely a keeper.
2669255, will we see this dude now?
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jul-25-18 02:50 PM
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=86482&mesg_id=86482&page=4
2669260, if he didn't come back from Costa Rica when LeBron won in 2016
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Jul-25-18 03:57 PM
we may never see vee-lover again.
2669263, Actually I was referring to “top 5 PF” Kevin Love lol...will he...
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jul-25-18 04:22 PM
put up numbers like he did in Minnesota as “the man” in Cleveland?
2669343, I think he will, if he isn't shut down for tanking purposes
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Jul-26-18 04:25 PM
I have no idea what that offense is going to look like, for the last 4 years it's been LeSystem
2669821, David Nwaba, recently of the Bulls on a deal not yet disclosed.
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Aug-02-18 10:10 AM
I like the pick up. Two way player. Could have greatly used someone like him last season (same as Sexton, etc)

But all these guards tells me, someone's about to go. Word is Houston wants JR. Not sure why, and at this point, I'd rather have him an an expiring bench player.

Not sure what happens next.
2670232, smoke rising: Hassan Whiteside for Korver/TT/Stuff
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Aug-08-18 09:12 PM
I guess that's a good place for TT to land, after the Donkeylips incident that has once again endeared him to Cavs fans.

but .... lol, a Cavs/Heat trade of this level seems so bizarre
2670246, Whiteside must be legit impaired....
Posted by Castro, Thu Aug-09-18 05:03 AM
The Heat have been trying to get rid of dude it seems for like two seasons.
2678162, lmmfao @ all the posts on forums following that Duke game
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Nov-07-18 10:53 AM
let that tank roll on. Once again, a Dukie will be our savior
2678166, i'll see you soon
Posted by Basaglia, Wed Nov-07-18 11:49 AM
2678227, Flop Gear is the new Dion Waiters
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Nov-07-18 08:08 PM
he is just a HINDRANCE to Sexton's development. I hope the Cavs can boot him somewhere his gunning would be useful
2678228, LOL...I said on Twitter like 20 minutes ago...
Posted by Dstl1, Wed Nov-07-18 08:14 PM
"When did Clarkson become a Shaqtin' a Fool All-Star?"
2678920, This is gonna be a season post.
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Nov-14-18 11:21 AM
Our second win of the season finally came last night, and what a game.

The debut of the City jerseys and court, bringing orange and blue back to Cleveland equaled a blowout, an amazing display from Tristan Thompson (trade bait?), David Nwaba, Rodney Hood, Sexton still working hard to improve, even Clarkson and JR got off.

But my favorite part was Channing Frye coming in garbage time to a standing ovation, and then hitting 2 threes like they were nothing. Man, I love this team and the fans so much.

As much of a tank this season will be, that was just great to see.

If they can get something resembling a system set up with this rag tag team, I'll be happy. Can't wait for Cedi to get back.

2678923, what's your early take on Sexton?
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Nov-14-18 11:44 AM
I liked him coming out of the draft but haven't spent much time watching him play this year. Heard something about him not gel'ing w/ guys in the locker room. You like him going forward?

-->
2678926, So far, things are trending positively.
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Nov-14-18 12:05 PM
His defense is his weakest point; he's getting killed on screens. he's showing a willingness to improve, and that's paid off. Slowly but surely, his assist numbers are going up. I think he needs to go out from 3 more. Scoring isn't much an issue, but there's some refinement needed.

I think I see a future where he can either be our "Top 5 Tony", Oladipo, or Mike Conley. Which will be critical as the tank adds some new players to the mix.
2679061, Nice - sounds like he's what y'all need moving forward.
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Nov-15-18 11:06 AM

-->
2679560, Who's trying to get the....
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Nov-20-18 01:25 PM
PIPE?!

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1064945216954802182
2679562, got a real feeling he ends up at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Nov-20-18 01:49 PM
2679578, lol @ JR's exit plan...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Tue Nov-20-18 04:06 PM
..Gilbert is an idiot.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
2679631, And thus officially ends the 2 Knicks United era in Cleveland
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Nov-21-18 01:20 PM
memes aside, PIPE is legend for Game 7 of the 2016 Finals and then the parade

without him scoring that 8 when both teams were cold...
2679632, exactly right:
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Nov-21-18 01:26 PM
>memes aside, PIPE is legend for Game 7 of the 2016 Finals and
>then the parade
>
>without him scoring that 8 when both teams were cold...

Without that contribution Cleveland likely doesn't win that game. He also boss'd up on the defensive end.

Because of that - he's a made man.

-->
2679644, 3rd quarter it was PIPE after PIPE after PIPE
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Nov-21-18 02:36 PM
and he was getting (illegally) screened hard by Donkeylips on one of them, watching him drop that 3 in his face was almost as good as watching Ky hitting the dagger
2679815, Cavs been balling since and including the Laker game
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Nov-24-18 08:40 PM
it's as if they learned how to do stuff. Sexton is shaping up to look just like that Dime Drop analysis of him. He is getting all the buckets, and fast. And he continues to learn with each game.

Rodd Future balling.

But Top Gear? Goddamn, he went from being Dion to being the Young (and Good) JR these last few games. From the bench he's started to fill up the scoreboard.

Cedi's back and seeing LeBron minutes, but putting up stance.

And goddammit I wish TT was like this last season.

Shout out to Andrew Harrison.

Still rooting for the tank but when they win like they have I'm happy with them.
2679817, Sexton hit 14 straight FGs w/no FTA against the Rockets
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Nov-24-18 10:16 PM
against James Harden, King of Refball

ended with 29.

it's official: he good.

and he's getting better.

the shock is that Jordan Clarkson is, as well.
2679818, Young Bull is no joke. Reminds me of a smaller Steve Francis.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Sat Nov-24-18 11:00 PM
2679947, Colin Sexton 'doesn't know how to play' (c)
Posted by bentagain, Mon Nov-26-18 11:11 AM
So...that story was bull$hit...?

Kinda fuqed up that vets would call out a rookie 10 games into the season
2679957, I'm really thinking that was JR who said all of that
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Nov-26-18 11:53 AM
because TT is out here looking like he did 2 years ago w/o him in the line up

2679943, since the initial post was made:
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Nov-26-18 10:56 AM
I have revised how I feel about Clarkson and TT.

TT, in a situation without Kevin Love is really leading the team in a way I don't think he was capable. Hot take: Donkeylips would never be able to do this on a team THIS bad. that dude is the DEFINITION of system player. we'll probably never get to see him outside of a Steph/Klay situation.

Clarkson still has his moments of tunnel vision, but god damn is he fire off the bench, like a good JR.

If they keep on what they're doing, keep them both.

The team actually has some semblance of a defensive system and effort. That's going to be key going forward. I think the Cavs during their run relied too much on GOATness to get by, an extreme expression of the NBA axiom.

Larry Drew might end up being -the- guy. I hope he doesn't end up getting Sam Mitchell'd for some dude to reap the rewards later on.

Sexton may never reach GOAT levels but for a guy drafted at 8, I feel he might be better than anyone else drafted after him.

A lot of truths are being revealed.

- LeBron definitely is LeGOAT (you'll hear this mostly)
- Kyrie is also a GOAT (you won't hear this)
- the contributions of Tyronn Lue are not what most people (in the press) think.

This isn't 2010 with regard to LeBron leaving. at least this time we don't have to wait for Baron Davis to save us
2681352, Few things:
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Dec-09-18 05:51 PM
1) Seriously, Tristan Thompson is playing better during an obvious tanking season than he has these last two seasons. I don't think the guy can be "sold high" but he is a key figure why this team looks good for 3 quarters before the team goes into "ISO Tank" mode. Punching Donkeylips must have been the flashpoint.

2) Collin Sexton is getting better at this game of basketball. My hope is that he gets to that De'Aaron Fox level next season. clearly, he has exceeded what sort of play one would expect being drafted @ 8. Still think if MPJ doesn't end up taking the Nuggets to the top of the West, he might be better than anyone drafted after him for sure. In a season where Luka Doncic is the clear run away for ROY, and Jaren Jackson would been the other "can't miss prospect" .... I dunno, Young Bull would made it a conversation.

he needs to work on three things: 3PT attempts, Assists, defense in that order. dude gets blocked a lot too.

(hot take: he better than Wiggins)

3) I am elated that Matthew Dellavedova is back with Cleveland, and so are all the Cavs fans. John Henson is coming over too, with some picks. All it cost the Cavs was George Hill and Sam Dekker. Win win. We take on a bad contract and a pretty good big, Hill gets to play on a contender with an expiring (so they get more room to add "help").

Delly is gonna be a better influence on Sexton's development than many other guards.

LET THE TANK ROLL ON UNTIL OUR DUKE SAVIOR IS HOME
2683207, So Patrick McCaw, recently of the Worriers is a Cavalier
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Dec-31-18 02:18 PM
and this might be one of the most hilarious acquisitions yet.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-rumors-joe-lacob-bit-ticked-patrick-mccaw-situation

Hopefully it means someone is on the trading block. Cavs got a billion guards who can't reliably shoot now
2702838, updating... LMAO, he got traded to the Raptors
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Sep-09-19 02:07 PM
who ended up beating the Worriers in the Finals. LMAO
2683432, why is Bill Simmons so mad?
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Jan-03-19 12:44 PM
link: https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nba/cavaliers/bill-simmons-says-cleveland-doesnt-deserve-zion-williamson-threatens-to-leave-sports-media-if-cavaliers-win-nba-draft-lottery/95-4b61f5e1-33ab-44f4-a701-e166fb739c05

the Cavs are a bad team on the tank, they tend to win draft lotteries.

also, the Cavs gave you Kyrie Irving for a damn song and a couple of remixes. Pay respects and attention.
2692852, welp... 19-63 again.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Apr-09-19 08:20 PM
But dogg.... I'd rather be us, with a top 5 pick coming up, Collin Sexton actually turning out to be good, and a lot of contracts coming off the books....

...than to be the Lakers right now.
2702825, Pre-Emptive Stanning for Darius Garland.
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Sep-09-19 11:52 AM
https://youtu.be/CIMcVIhJqiE
2704839, Garland Bandwagon Not Allowed For 99% of Y'all This Upcoming Season
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Oct-16-19 11:27 AM
Nor Kevin Porter, Jr.

and if Sexton continues on the upward trend... NOPE

2702827, If healthy shouldn't Kevin Love go back to being a 25&12 guy?
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Sep-09-19 12:15 PM
2702835, Depends. He's capable but this team is winning 30 games this year
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Sep-09-19 02:00 PM
I don't know what Bellein has in store for this offense, but I hope the rookies get to play with him and TT in some capacity
2705001, It's going to be a long season.....
Posted by Kira, Sat Oct-19-19 10:53 AM
I want to speed this rebuild up. Not sure about the Sexland back court but we'll see. Shout out to Brandon Knight for sticking with it and keeping his dream alive.

Coach B gives me hope that our system will work as we lose a lot this year.

I don't want to see Kevin go we might have to trade him in the future.
2705135, 30 wins max.
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Oct-20-19 10:44 PM
>I want to speed this rebuild up. Not sure about the Sexland
>back court but we'll see. Shout out to Brandon Knight for
>sticking with it and keeping his dream alive.
>
>Coach B gives me hope that our system will work as we lose a
>lot this year.
>
>I don't want to see Kevin go we might have to trade him in the
>future.

the rebuild doesn't happen unless this team gets a GOAT candidate and they all learn how to play defense.

I want Kevin Love to play as much of this season as possible, the rookies are too promising.

Garland... I'm saying it now: No Bandwagoning allowed. ROY candidate, might lose out to Zion and/or Cam, so he's basically the "Trae" of this season

KPJ ... definitely no bandwagoning allowed.

Might allow people on the Windl3r Train, that's it.

#SexlandOrGTFO
2705600, 15-18 wins max
Posted by hip bopper, Fri Oct-25-19 04:39 AM

2705611, they won 19 last season with no Kevin Love or TT through much of it
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Oct-25-19 07:45 AM
they upgraded guards and wings. And changed coaches.

They're winning more than 20 games this season but not more than 30.
2705676, That’s a bum squad
Posted by hip bopper, Sat Oct-26-19 10:50 AM
>they upgraded guards and wings. And changed coaches.
>
>They're winning more than 20 games this season but not more
>than 30.

TT and Love won’t make much improvement if they play all year. I also wouldn’t call the guard/wing players that they brought in an “upgrade” either. That rookie coach still has some learning to do at the NBA level. Maybe in a couple of years that can hit the 30 win mark.

2713156, NOPE. 19 wins secured with a good 18 games left.
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Mar-09-20 09:49 AM
2712914, 21 games left in the season, and the Cavs are at 17 wins
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Mar-03-20 04:51 PM
they'll get those 3 to beat last season. Bet the end at somewhere around 25.

the Beilein GRAND OPENING, GRAND CLOSING was not good.

What is good? So far, the coaching of J-B Bickerstaff. He does have a Thibodeaux-esque tendency to ride the hot hand into oblivion, but there is a noticeably higher effort being put out in the short time he's assumed the head coach position, particularly on defense.

Collin Sexton has quietly become a much more efficient, higher volume scorer. averaging 20, he's had 31, 32 with good splits in recent losses.

the two "Juniors" (Larry Nance, and Kevin Porter) have been very impressive. Nance is really expanding his game from being a more athletic "Tristan" junior.

Tristan has been a GOD off the bench. these two losses were mostly without him and the unexpected pickup, Andre Drummond. they could have easily been Ws with those two. Especially that Jazz game.

I never thought Tristan would take and make more 3s than Ben Simmons at this point. This has to be a meme
2713157, 1) Thank You, Lakers
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Mar-09-20 09:51 AM
Larry Nance Jr. is a winner.

2) Thank You, Bickerstaff

The players really are buying in. A disaster turned into something functional. Almost wins against the Celtics, late game heroics against San Antonio and Denver. Actually beat the fuckin' HEAT.

Bickerstaff 2020
2713163, I loved Nance and I'm glad he's doing so well.
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Mar-09-20 11:54 AM
Dude is the best.
2713183, Is it me or are we winning games?
Posted by Kira, Mon Mar-09-20 04:02 PM
We should've fired coach B earlier wtf. We look like a rejuvenated team playing together. KLove still getting traded tho.
2742989, According to twitter
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Jul-14-21 09:05 AM
the Knicks are trying to nab Sexton and are offering Knox, Toppin, and a first round pick, which doesn't make too much sense to me given how little Knox and Toppin have shown to date compared to the fact Sexton averaged over 20 ppg most recently.

I don't watch the Cavs with much regularity, so I am completely ignorant on what kind of player Sexton is. As objectively as possible, someone please give me the positives and negatives of this dude. It appears he is able to generate his own offense and isn't much of a passer. I won't complain too badly since the Knicks need as many players that can initiate their own offense as much as possible.

I'm mainly curious how well he can defend since that is something Thibs will focus on.
2742996, he's a 6 foot shooting guard
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jul-14-21 10:35 AM