Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecthere's my thing tho, dogg...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2665080&mesg_id=2665144
2665144, here's my thing tho, dogg...
Posted by dula dibiasi, Tue Jun-26-18 02:01 PM
let's say i'm offering to sell you a sports car. idk, a 400 thousand dollar ferrari. the cuatrociento ochenta y ocho. the spider joint.

let's say i offer this car to you for.... 10 grand. but i also tell you there's an 80% chance that it'll break down irreparably within a month.

how do you view that? are you looking at it like

whoa, a spider for 10 grand? shit yeah, sign me up! fuck it, worst case i'll drive that bitch for a month and stunt on niggas.

or

this thing's a POS, i don't want it at any price! i'm not just gonna flush 10 grand down the toilet.

i haven't seen this kid's medicals, none of us have, but if these teams were legitimately scared off by what they saw, wrt long term recurring injury risk, are you using ANY pick on him? i mean, a mid/late 1st isn't nothing, you can still get legit rotation guys and even starters in that range. punting on a pick like that on what you deem to be a flyer is a tough pill.

i mean, i hope the kid's alright and has a long prosperous career, but i saw him walk down the stairs in the pre-show and he looked like fred sanford.