Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI think it was good for us overall b/w we never had a chance at LeBron
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2664917&mesg_id=2668757
2668757, I think it was good for us overall b/w we never had a chance at LeBron
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Jul-18-18 08:08 PM
From what I can gather LeBron made his decision WELL before July 1 and in another universe LeBron may have been a Laker before he even reached Miami. I think we will soon the type of ambitious person he is outside of basketball and how being in LA figures into that. From a basketball perspective, the Sixers clearly presented a better opportunity and that didn't change at all with #CollarGate, in fact their situation improved by dumping a middling bum GM.

The Sixers still have a lot of flexibility and pretty much all the same good assets they had previously. They will be in play for anyone. The thing that stings is that they won't have Sac's pick next year (could be alleviated by Fultz turnaround but he will ever be *that* much better than Tatum?) and that next year there will be lots of hats in the free-agent ring. This year they were one of two teams with a real shot at LeBron. Next year they will be competing against the Lakers again (now with Bron, the Clippers, the Pacers, the Knicks, the Mavs and some other teams as well. It could be the most competitive FA summer since 2010, maybe ever.