Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTrade watch: Karlsson, Panarin, Pacioretty
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2664723&mesg_id=2666775
2666775, Trade watch: Karlsson, Panarin, Pacioretty
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Jul-03-18 01:35 AM
In my heart I am hoping Kane and Panarin are reunited but I don't see it. Nashville would also be a fun but unlikely landing spot for him. I think Boston has a pretty strong shot at him and they have some guys like Krug, Heinen and Bjorkstrand (one of those guys+another peripheral piece like a pick) that could possibly get it done. You know Tampa would love to have him also and may intensify their interest now with Boston kicking his tires. I would not go buying a new house if I were JT Miller, of they could move a roster defenseman+futures.

Karlsson I still think Vegas. Ottawa is such a dumpster fire right now that they are trying to unload contracts (Ryan) or suck as much as they can out of the one *big* asset they have. They will sell off other guys also but Karlsson is their shot to really get a quick rebuild. Vegas can give them a lot of futures but I doubt they will take Ryan's deal or give them much in the way of roster players. McPhee has to identify and overachiever and send him away. I guess they also have to give some thought to Tatar's role going forward though the way things look he'll slot into their new second line on the right side with Haula at LW and Stastny at center. Devils could be a player for Karlsson and I wouldn't count out Philly. The Flyers have money, they might even be just dumb enough to step in and take Ryan since they just got out from under some shitty contracts and seem to be addicted to cumbersome deals.

Patches is the weirdest one. The Kings have been calling on him but I can't see them moving a D for him. Possibly a prospect forward plus Forbort? The money would work but I think the Habs would probably want something a little more concrete for their captain. I can't believe Bergervin still has a job.