Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: What state do you live in?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2664159&mesg_id=2664318
2664318, RE: What state do you live in?
Posted by COOLEHMAGAZINE, Thu Jun-21-18 02:23 PM
>>Man, if the majority of the white people you hang around
>are
>>Trump supporters, I understand a bit more why you post how
>you
>>do. That's gotta take a toll.
>

I live in New York City, which no doubt is a significant part of the reason. I also don't work in an office and haven't for a long, long time.

Just having ONE formerly good friend become a semi-alt-right type was hard enough. It ended a long, long friendship going back to being teenagers, which is the only reason it even lasted that long.

I was joking but to all of you out there who HAVE to live, work and socialize with MAGA types daily, you have my sympathy. I couldn't do it.

Where I live, if you were a Trump supporter your social life would be very, very trying, unless you were extremely wealthy. Even then, you might not want to advertise it. Or maybe if you live on Staten Island, in which case you don't count anyway. Whatever other charges can be leveled against white liberals in this region, supporting Trump is not one of them. The average young white woman in New York City will become violently enraged if you even mention Trump's name, or at the sight of him on TV.

Actually wearing a MAGA hat outside would certainly bring verbal attacks, and quite possibly a physical confrontation.