Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSomething lost in the 1 year deals though
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2663798&mesg_id=2666907
2666907, Something lost in the 1 year deals though
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Jul-03-18 12:34 PM
Is that they're incredibly tradeable mid season. If some player becomes available, we now have assets to ship that aren't Luol Deng to match salaries. That's kind of smart. I don't think Rondo, KCP, Javale, Lance are in the long term plans, and I think we're kinda punting anyway...but we now have some flex.

That said, perhaps there's something happening with Lonzo for Kawhi. That was my gut reaction when I saw the Rondo news. But...probably not. I think it'd be foolish to trade a guy on a rookie deal who's almost as good as Rondo is right today.

I don't disagree on blocking the kids...but I also think Magic and Pelinka deserve the benefit of the doubt. Lebron signing aside, they've also made some great moves with drafting Kuzma, trading Clarkson, etc - not to mention essentially trading DLo/Mozgov for Josh Hart and the capspace to sign Lebron. They haven't blundered anything yet so I've got confidence for now.