Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt worries me that you might block the kids
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2663798&mesg_id=2666836
2666836, It worries me that you might block the kids
Posted by bshelly, Tue Jul-03-18 09:37 AM
The rondo signing is malpractice. Ball is easily your most intriguing prospect, particularly as a Bron compliment. Rondo is either going to steal his time or, more likely, be bitching constantly on the bench a la Chicago. A locker room with Rondo, Lance, and Javale is not a good place for youngsters, particularly combined with the inevitable Bron drama.

I’d also be pretty worried about how...uninspired these moves are. Frankly, every move the Lakers have made this off-season is something Mike from San Pedro would recommended during drive time. There’s no talk of, say, giving Randle 1 year for 20 million with a team option (credit Nate Duncan), so that he can be your center and/or reasonably attractive trade bait. There’s no Seth Curry signing, even though he’d have no problem being a backup, has never shown poor character, and provides shooting you so desperately need.

I’m not sure any of this matters for the Lakers the way it would for every other team. Magic and Rob have gotten the big stuff (LeBron and being patient with the assets) right. As long as that continues, you’ll have three guys worth the max on your squad for 19-20. Maybe that’s enough, presuming the Dubs do break up. But even Kawhi, Bron, and AD would need the other guys not to be complete washed scrubs, and I’m not sure I trust the lakers front office to get the pieces to get you over the top.