Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectJust one thing amazes me, the proportion of fans who DONT want LeBron
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2663798&mesg_id=2663810
2663810, Just one thing amazes me, the proportion of fans who DONT want LeBron
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Jun-18-18 07:19 PM
There was a poll posted by Arash Markazi and over 60 percent of respondents DID NOT want to sign LeBron James. No hedging or qualifiers or context, just yes or no should they sign him.

It's nice to know that delusions are alive and well.

Of the group they have, I like Ingram a lot and think he can be a true centerpiece. The other guys are more in the "solid piece" category but solid pieces are so expensive now that you almost have to pass on that hoping for a bigger star, or at least pick the one you think will pan out better and move the other. Of course if they do pursue the youth movement, they have a couple years to make decisions in Ball and Kuzma.

Still, with no pick this year, it will be a verrrrry tough sell to head into next year with a very similar roster.

One thing we don't know is if all the guys in the FA market are going to team up or there will be some one-off type signings to be made. Bringing in LeBron means going into win-now mode, but let's say he goes to a more established team (Boston, Philly, Milwaukee, whatever). Now they'd have a shot at adding George or Cousins without really disrupting their young core. So the possibilities are many, but I don't think simply staying the course is realistic.