Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLos Angeles Lakers 2018 Offseason Post, or #letthekidscook
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2663798&mesg_id=2663798
2663798, Los Angeles Lakers 2018 Offseason Post, or #letthekidscook
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Jun-18-18 05:52 PM
I'm going to draw my lines in the sand. I had high hopes for Dlo, and hedged with JC when he showed promise, but not with these guys. I'm bullish. I love this roster.

I think we have all stars in the making.

-BI is going to be a superstar. I've said it before, and I think he'll be at least as good as Jimmy Butler. At minimum. He has every physical gift you could possibly want, and reports are he's already adding some muscle. His jumper, his length, his footwork, his drive to the basket, his offensive toolbox is superb. He's going to be a defensive standout.

Injuries are a concern though, but not overwhelmingly so.

-I think Kuzma is going to prove to be an all-star caliber wing. His offensive game was/is surprisingly refined. I'm calling it now, him vs Tatum is going to be a debate. By all accounts he's got a dog mentality, and I think that's going to serve to elevate him in a big way. He's already showing a propensity for not just taking, but applying advice he's been given, even from outside basketball.

-Zo. He's going to improve on every metric this year. His D is going to take a significant step forward. Offensively, he's the perfect point guard on a team full of dynamic wings, and we have them. He'll probably be more assertive offensively.

-JYJ. RESIGN. Not max, not if we don't have to, but man... get it done. He's a beast.

I think all for, plus Hart, are going to take a significant step forward.

I know, I know, people want that instant gratification. But nah. No. Nada. I hope we whiff on all of the big names. I'd have loved to have added a guy like Cuz, prior to the Achilles, but nah. Not now. Not at the price tag.

I say let the kids cook.

I also say that if we don't, that if we jettison this group, we'll regret it inside of two years. We're not beating a well-oiled, prime time machine like GSW with LBJ, PG, Kawhi and spare parts.

Two years from now, BI and Kuz will be the sort of young, dynamic players teams are clearing space and mortgaging rosters to get. Zo is going to be a point guard's point guard.

We're going to want, if not need, guys like them in two years. And they'll be hitting a stride into their prime at a time when a window opens.

If we swap them out for a bunch of vets that put us in a win-now position, cool. I'll enjoy that ride too, and if we wind up with a chip, even better. I'll gladly eat crow. . But I firmly believe that this team, as the core is presently constructed, will not only be incredibly fun to watch, but greatly improved, for this next season.

Let this hand ride. I've got a good feeling about it.