Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBetter career and talent, AI, better player, toss-up, I guess.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2662849&mesg_id=2662855
2662855, Better career and talent, AI, better player, toss-up, I guess.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Jun-12-18 04:05 PM
CP3 was robbed of an MVP but just the same he never won one. You can argue about 2001 but Iverson had better seasons in 03 and 05 anyway.

Paul is obviously a better defender and floor general but he also had a way of being abrasive that didn't help him in his career. Iverson has him in terms of scoring by a wide margin and had he been a true point guard he could have been the playmaker Paul is and even more, super skilled passer. On the flipside, Paul often scored more when called upon. I don't think he could be a consistent high 20/low 30s scorer but close enough.

Without looking I will guess they have won the exact same number of playoff series, though Paul has been on better teams overall (maybe mitigated by being in the West but I dunno).

It's close but to me Iverson was a more dominant star. Both guys are very talented even though they used their talents in different ways. You would be thrilled to have either one on your team starting their career, obviously