Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIdeally - I'd like him to stay in Cleveland
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2662590&mesg_id=2662617
2662617, Ideally - I'd like him to stay in Cleveland
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Jun-11-18 09:21 AM
but I just don't see how Cleveland can build a championship caliber-team with the contracts on the books, Gilbert as the head of the snake, and a team that would win 22 games w/ out LeBron.

If he moves - I'd like to see:

(1) Philly. The degree of difficulty here would be fairly high (to win a title) compared w/ the other choices - but I think it would be the most rewarding. I also think it would be an incredibly electric atmosphere in Philly - a city starved for a title - and Bron/Simmons/Embid would have a lot of fun. My only concern here would be to retain the snipers (Belli/Reddic/Covington) and have enough to attract another veteran -- also - I have some concerns that simmons/embid might still be too green to compete w/ GS - but I think their growth is fast-tracked w/ Bron there.

(2) Houston. I just think that this is the easiest plug & play model for Bron -- and a place where he's immediately thrust into a championship caliber team on day one. I don't have any doubt that if healthy and retained - Houston wins the title next year w/ Bron. That said - I do o have concerns about CP3's health and Harden's ability to coalesce w/ Bron - as I don't see Harden as a guy who really moves off of the ball well. He seems to always need to dominate the ball - or else he just stands in the corner. But I think he and Bron could master the two-way give & go play and there might not be a more potent scoring combo in the league.

(3) San Antonio. If Kawhi was healthy and motivated - this would be my first choice. I want Bron to play in a great system to end out his career - and Pop is brilliant at elongating careers and the Spurs have an immense winning culture - always competing at a high level no matter who is on the court. With a healthy Kawhi, Bron, Aldridge and some great role players - they would be as talented as anyone in the league.

(4) Boston. The Bron-Boston beef is real - and I can't see this happening because of the fresh wounds Boston is licking after being dominated by LeBron for nearly a decade - but if both sides could come to an agreement - this would be the most balanced and dynamic roster in the League - and I think they would beat GS next year.

Where I don't want to see him go: Golden State (obviously won't happen) - and the Lakers. I see both of those teams/cultures being horrible for Bron.
-->