Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBeen getting better from outside, pretty solid from three now
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2662089&mesg_id=2665373
2665373, Been getting better from outside, pretty solid from three now
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Jun-27-18 05:16 PM
Probably about 1/4 in game and 2/5 shooting around. Been nailing mad game-winners for some reason, in some cases it'll be the only bucket all game. I also have pretty good timing going to the offensive glass now, which is key in such a three-heavy game. My main problem is that I can't guard anybody in space. I can handle the ball fine and move a little on offense but almost anyone under 30 is too damn fast for me to guard on the perimeter. If the guy can only shoot or can't shoot at all, I am fine, but if he is halfway quick and is a threat to shoot then I am screwed. Sometimes we'll talk about it and I'll either run the guy off the line or give him space behind it to pull a long one, which is a pretty low percentage shot.

I saw a couple much older dudes, both about 50, one guy was real fit still. You could see it cost him afterward but he was playing at a heavier pace than the young bols. At one point he got five steals in seven trips down the floor, mad rebounds and loose balls, too. He was not very big either. Then yesterday the full-court games dissipated kind of early so I stayed to shoot around and this older guy, nice dude, came in. We played a couple games of 21 (which I let him win) after he showed me knee. Got a knee replacement about two years ago and he is just now getting back to shooting, HORSE, etc. Big ass railroad track scars. Not looking forward to any shit like that.