Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI am reaching the nagging injury stage but I refuse to slow down
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2662089&mesg_id=2662552
2662552, I am reaching the nagging injury stage but I refuse to slow down
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jun-10-18 04:01 PM
I stopped playing for a long time like eight years and then was kind of on and off. Lately I have been playing a lot, first at the unidad deportiva in Medellin (4-5 times a week) and now the same amount at LA Fitness back in the States. These little fast fuckers are getting a little harder to keep in front of me but I am getting back to owning the glass. Also playing 2s and 1s (which I sort of hate) has forced me to shoot threes regularly for the first time in my life (I had just a good enough long ball to make them guard me up high before). On a good day I can shoot 20 and make 15, average day more like 10, but I've got a good enough stroke to hit them in games. That's been the main thing I have worked on. As a youth player I used to play in the low post but that shit sucks in pickup games, you just get fouled every time. If I score inside it is off a put back or a weakside dive.

But yeah I am very firmly in my 30s now and warmup is so key now. I have to really work to keep my rotator cuffs loose and callouses are a constant nuisance. It's better than a lot of guys though, I see guys out there in their 20s coming off achilles and ACL stuff.