Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWhat is wrong with the WWE IMO
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2652660&mesg_id=2657247
2657247, What is wrong with the WWE IMO
Posted by Selassie I God, Thu May-17-18 03:12 AM
Most of us agree that WWE Kreative has been anything but for the past who knows how long. Terrible booking and silly storylines have been a constant for ages...but I think there is another reason that I can barely make it through a RAW or SD show...the matches are wrestle-by-numbers and all the talent do all the same moves.

It used to be that besides basic holds, each wrestler had a few moves hat were their own, especually finishers. Now everyone does superkicks, "suicide dives" over or between the ropes, and top turnbuckle climbs. Everyone does the same moves, just giving them different names to fit their gimmick. And the most obvious one (at least for me), You can predict every move in order for just about every guy there.

Add to that the fact that the production telegraphs the matches as well. Every time the camera does a close-up on a guy, be sure that a run-in or a counter is coming, and in six man matches, the match doesn't end until every person involved does their finisher with the last man standing getting the pin.

I think this combo is the reason I like AJ so much...no one else does the calf crusher or the Styles Clash, or a couple of other moves that he uses, and he puts them together in a manner that seems fluid to me. He's a breath of fresh air in the staleness of typical WWE fare.

Am I nuts? Cynical? Just plain wrong?