Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe Villain Becomes The Hero? I must now defend MJ's legacy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2650891&mesg_id=2650891
2650891, The Villain Becomes The Hero? I must now defend MJ's legacy
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Apr-16-18 11:49 AM

My record speaks for itself. Nobody hated on Jordan like me. I was a teen posting on Rec.sport.basketball.pro with Judden and SKF tryna destroy that man's legacy as he was making history night after night. I've never worn the man's shoes. Hell, I legit think I've never TOUCHED a pair. I flat out didn't like the guy. He tried to ruin Isiah and Stern and Falk helped him. I wished terrible things on that man.

All that said, agendas change. I don't like what I see happening in basketball media. The STANDARD was SIX. Nevermind that Kareem had SIX and ALL THEM STATS! I accepted the charade and sat my ass here and rooted for Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, ANYONE who could come close to matching the STANDARD that MJ set. Let's be clear, I only accepted it because my legit criticism about the era in which MJ played, the bum teams he faced in the finals, how he only shined when Bird, Isiah and Magic got old...all that got shot down and laughed off.

Cool.

But, now, I see people tryna throw SIX out the window and highlight LONGEVITY (KAREEEEEEM!!!!!), triple doubles (the most overrated stat in sports, as Euro-influenced positionless basketball has put the ball on the hands of big ass skill players 70% of the time...I will not be one of y'all cysing Jokic like his big soft ass is a legend......these guys are like the Kirk Cousins and Alex Smiths of basketball...all numbers...no thank you) and FINALS APPEARANCES (somehow, same people laugh at Brady whenever he loses a SB, despite having FIVE), I'm gonna make it a priority to restore some damn order. We can't just be changing rules so our faves can get credit.

Bron is top 5 ever. But, he ain't better than no damn Jordan. I saw Jordan and I see this bamma. We not doing this. Before that whole bum ass THREE IS ENOUGH campaign that's going around twitter and the blogs infects this board, I'm drawing the line. Win 3 more and we can talk. It's that's simple.

They really tryna throw Mike in the bushes NOW? After all that hate I put into knocking him down? FOR THIS 3-6 bamma? No way.

I ain't gonna hate LeBron, because he's a far better person than Jordan. But, nobody gonna say he better than Mike without me responding. Unlike unclaimed bags and inappropriate comments from white women at work, if I see it, I'MMA SAY SOMETHING!