Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI was surprised to hear Gallant say he liked their G3 better than G2
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2650181&mesg_id=2660695
2660695, I was surprised to hear Gallant say he liked their G3 better than G2
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jun-03-18 11:31 PM
I guess from a coach's standpoint there were fewer mistakes or breakdowns but they were also playing flat as fuck most of the night. They tried to get into the physical game a bit but that was the only place where they exerted any energy. I have to say I have been very impressed with Trotz's coaching in this series or maybe he is just doing basic stuff and the team is executing. After Game 1 he decided to take the puck out of the middle of the ice, suck the speed out of the game and make it all played along the wall. They took the risk of bringing another forward in on the forecheck and cutting the ice in half, basically forcing a play up either wall. Game 3 they limited Vegas even more, at least they had a fast start in Game 2. They were also really good around their own net, holy shit that first goal by Ovie was marvelous. All that said, I think this series will be tied in about 23 hours.