Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectConor brought Drake to the fight, so Khabib went full Pusha T
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2649444&mesg_id=2674937
2674937, Conor brought Drake to the fight, so Khabib went full Pusha T
Posted by Tiger Woods, Sun Oct-07-18 09:07 PM

That people act so flabbergasted when this stuff happens is such a farce. Conor grew up in public housing, Khabib in a decrepit village. They get punched in the head for a living and they fight in a cage. And we’re shocked? This is bloodsport. Not sure if it’s right or wrong, but to pretend it’s surprising is laughable.

Dana’s job is to sell the fight and he sold it. When the numbers come in I’m sure they’ll be staggering and they’ll surely far surpass any fight the UFC has put on since Conor’s win at MSG two years ago. I have a hard time blaming Dana for exploiting the conflict going into the fight. But, he does deserve criticism for claiming they did all they could to secure the scene; before Khabib scaled the fence, one lone (overweight) security guy tried to subdue him.

It does remain to be seen if Conor learns a lesson here. The blame is almost exclusively his in my opinion. You can only juggle with knives for so long. His fuckup was getting too real with the realest MMA fighter ever.

PS: the stuff about Khabib’s manager does seem to sort of check out