Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectOne more thing...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2649193&mesg_id=2650685
2650685, One more thing...
Posted by jimaveli, Sat Apr-14-18 08:14 AM
If you know me, you know it’s not gonna be one. Hehe...

WWE could be better of course. But with NXT basically being the best Indy and WWE’s roster as is, this is a great time to like rasslin. And the WWE Network? Shiiiiid...awesome as fuck.

Enough of that for now tho. That wasn’t the thing. Here goes: I don’t want us to leave mania week without focusing on this one thing: Daniel goddamn Bryan got cleared and is on the scene working matches again. He’s not doing dumb ass suicide dives or head butts and his matches are still good. This a dream come true that could easily get lost in the mix and I don’t want that to happen. This is the ultimate in awesome and we all need to drink it in somewhere in between trying to rebook every shit Reigns angle or title change. So, drink it the fuck in! Dude gets to do this again, he’s happy as hell about it, and we get to see it happen with a bunch of badass rasslers standing in line to work with him.

I was in the middle of Mania thinking of everything that was left and I almost forgot it myself. There were so many badass moments during mania weekend that I can think about and smile right now:

- Ronda Rousey isn’t just not bad. She’s grand. Money shall be printed.
- Daniel Bryan: wrestler.
- Prince Puma jumped around like a cartoon in that ladder match. It validated the mythical stories. I already knew but it was excited to see and hear other folks find out.
- Velveteen dream. Period.
- That southern-style grudge match masterpiece between Ciampa and Jonathan Wrestling. Godly build, execution, and storytelling.
- Almas vs Black
- The overness of Alias. There were so many Alias t-shirts that I never wore mine in NOLA.
- Bray Wyatt’s career is getting saved by the Broken Brillance
- Seth by God Rollins and AJ Styles (and Feets Balor too)
- Nakamura is becoming a real character in WWE.
- The women roster is so good that 3 of the 4 horsewomen are catching hell. They now have good matches all the time and not just good for women. I never thought WWE would get there. And hopefully they’ll do right by the crew soon and get them some good stories going.
- With so many good women, Steph is basically destined to get her soccer mom-style fine ass kicked more regularly. That alone makes her character much better. Wrestling doesn’t work without heels getting Comeuppance! Ahem, Brock.
- Kurt is a shell no doubt but I love that he made it back. Jeff and Matt too.
- HHH continues to try to pay for his past sins by flopping around for everyone every year at mania.

WWE just needs to figure out their Raw main event shit and it will be the smoothest of sailing. I’m talking Ron Isley with the ponytail, cane, and spanx on the edge of a boat singing out into the ocean-level smooth sailing.

>https://tinyurl.com/trillride (no, that's not a typo)
>
>Same rules as always. This goes without saying but if
>Carmella's attempt at a cash-in is thwarted before the bell
>rings it does not count as a cash-in.
>
>For the purposes of the Elias question we will define
>finishing moves by what's listed as "present" on wikipedia.
>For instance, I picked 3 cause I believe The Rock shows up and
>delivers 1 People's Elbow and 2 Rock Bottoms. If he happens to
>do one of his 1996 finishers (running crossbody or
>shoulderbreaker) I would NOT count that:
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwayne_Johnson#In_wrestling
>
>
>If there's anything else you need clarified, let me know.
>
>EDIT: oh yeah, also who else is going and what indie shows are
>you checking out? I'm going to some of the WWN shows (Evolve,
>Progress, Beyond), the Lucha/Impact show, and the Wrestlecon
>Supershow