Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2649193&mesg_id=2650651
2650651, RE:
Posted by pretentious username, Fri Apr-13-18 03:42 PM

>one problem (as i see it obviously) is that if Charlotte is
>moving to RAW after this, then its sending the message that
>even SHE doesnt care about the belt she lost.

nah, cause it's not her CHOOSING to go to Raw, it's the company saying they're moving her and others simply to shake things up. While I typically want to see someone get their rematch that doesn't break kayfabe for me.

>all that could be so, but a short run that hands the belt to
>anyone other than Charlotte or Asuka makes the whole thing
>even worse imo.

I mean I kinda assume that short run is then handing it to Asuka, but you earlier said who cares about that after her streak loss, so I'm not really sure of your point there. If you don't like Carmella and don't want her to have the belt that's fine, but I don't see this as a prestige issue and I think her character is stronger and more over than you give it credit for.

>it wont be more entertaining than a belt trading trilogy with
>Asuka. it just wont.

1) Yeah, but they can do that on Raw or at these co-brand events w/o a problem.

2) I'm talking about this w/o the superstar shakeup involved, which again, can give you exactly what you're asking for anyway. In that situation Charlotte retains at Mania, Asuka stays on Raw since she lost, and there is either no Mella cash-in or she fails in her cash-in. So yes, a sneaky heel champ getting away with shenanigans is more entertaining than Charlotte defending vs. Becky/Naomi/Natty/Riott Squad for another few months. That is what I'm describing as stagnation.

>this is a legitmate question, but has everyone who has ever
>had a MITB cash-in used it successfully?

Damien Sandow lost his cash-in to Cena, Cena lost a (pre-announced) cash-in to Punk, and Corbin lost his cash-in last fall cause the character is dumb.

follow-up, what is
>the success rate of MITB cash-ins turning into credible
>champions? these questions are what made me call it "debug
>mode".

not sure of your definition of "creidble" here but i'd say more than 50% on the below list are. Certainly Edge, Punk, DB, Orton, Rollins, and Ambrose all became credible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_in_the_Bank_ladder_match#Cash-in_matches

>thats a heel archetype tho.

I was describing the archetype but I didn't say that was all there was to her character and I don't think everyone could pull it off. I wasn't always sold on her but she's come a long way. I still don't think you're giving enough credit to her character.

if modern
>audiences are willing to suspend their disbelief and boo
>someone strictly because they are checking the boxes off the
>list of heelish things to do...thats markish in every negative
>connotation of the word.

Again, if you don't like her that's fine, and there definitely used to be a "Eh, who cares?" feeling when she came out, but she's been getting a good response for at least a year now.

>no, not against Charlotte. against enough other wrestlers to
>give people a reason to think she *belongs*. even without
>watching, I knew who Asuka, Charlotte, Bliss, and Nia were, as
>well as a couple others. now, the day after the best women's
>wrestling match ive ever seen, the title is now on someone ive
>never heard of. its the belt thats suffering here, not any of
>the wrestlers...yet.

she's been on TV for like 2 years now dude, how can you not know who she is and also have an opinion on her win-loss record? They have heated her up recently, but it's a pretty common device for the MITB winner to lose a bunch before the cash-in just to swerve people. She's also had the briefcase for nearly a year, and it's been a great gimmick for her that she really milked, but it was time to cash in.

>they cant go Honky Tonk Man with a world title.

1) You're assuming a lot of things about her while seemingly not knowing her which makes little sense. She's not the MOST credible champ they've ever had, but Honky Tonk? cmon man.

2) How do you know they won't book her in a way that makes her look like one of those great heels you mentioned? I don't need her to be all that, but you're judging her actual title run when she hasn't even defended yet.

>abandoning a program that could have been huge and then hoping
>it will still be huge after times passes...is super risky.

it's not "abandoning" it's just picking a different strategy. They've invested a lot of time and money into the characters of Asuka and Charlotte and they're not gonna stop now. If they stay healthy there's no reason to think WWE can't heat this feud back up again whenever they want.

I'm sure if they ran that trilogy right now it'd be hot, but there's also the chance of fatigue and I don't think it'd fit the story right now the way it seems to for AJ/Shinsuke. Just my opinion though. I'm in for that match no matter what.