Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectwhat does the SD Championship mean right today?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2649193&mesg_id=2650564
2650564, what does the SD Championship mean right today?
Posted by cgonz00cc, Fri Apr-13-18 10:57 AM

the fact that you are "happy" that the best wrestler doesnt have it means that the belt has been devalued. moreover, if Charlotte goes to to RAW the whole women's SD division is devalued because they are overtly signalling that their best wrestler is moving on to bigger and better things.

im starting to realize that new-school booking for "smart" fans is incredibly boring to me. they had something that could have worked for months and a belt that meant something, and traded it in...for what?

maybe the game has passed me by, but this shit seems stupid. an emphasis on things other than the matches is boring business to me. i cared about WWE for the first time in over 15 years and it lasted less than a week.

>They elevated a quality heel into the title picture using the perfect gimmick for her character,

1)could have just had her win matches. 2) part of the problem is "her character". everything os so tightly wound that no one can get actual heat because no one attributes any actions to the performer. how do you build heat on someone when everyone is painfully aware that her "personality" is an entirely artificial construction?

>introduced an excellent, well-regarded pair of young wrestlers,

could have just had them win a match

>kept Charlotte strong while opening her up for a move to Raw

what charlotte did in the ring sunday keeps her strong regardless. going into what basically amounts to a developer's "debug mode" does notjong for the prestoge of the SD belt.

>while helping keeping Asuka away from her and Ronda for awhile, so that we get plwnty of time to build up a collision course for one or both eventual feuds.

they already had the feud youre talking about building. it was ready-made for 2018 to be the year for Asuka-Flair to be the biggest program in the whole company, and they killed it.