Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHow did you guys interpret the This Is Awful chant?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2649193&mesg_id=2649934
2649934, How did you guys interpret the This Is Awful chant?
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Apr-09-18 11:35 AM
I interpreted it as an indictment of the poor quality match itself.

I highly doubt a quality, back and forth, competetive fight would have yielded such a burial.

I doubt people would have shit on it if each guy wasn't spamming the same tired ass move over and over.

Because that wasn't a match.

That as a 2K game with two unskilled players selecting the most OP characters and spamming the hell out of moves because A. They lack the desire, if not the skill, to put down a quality match, and B, the flawed counter/reversal mechanics make it too easy to bother investing time to develop enough skill to pplay the game in a more visually appealing and exciting way.

The popular opinions i see are still that this was all about Roman. If true, thats fucking stupid IMO, because regardless of how many F5's he kicked out of, it's a boring ass way to do a match regardless of who is doing it.

It was a terribly booked match, and a horrible way to main event the biggest night of the year, regardless of the participants.

IMO those chants were wareanted due to the quality of the match, nit just beacause Roman was able to keep kicking out of Brocks finisher.