Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSo many amazing matches last night on Takeover
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2649193&mesg_id=2649797
2649797, So many amazing matches last night on Takeover
Posted by Paps_Smear, Sun Apr-08-18 11:03 AM
Predicted every match correctly

As far as multiman ladder matches go this is the best one I've seen. Great way to introduce EC3 and Ricochet to NXT. I think giving Cole the win was the right decision especially after what happened later.

Ember Moon may be getting the call up soon, and she should. And honestly I think she should be the one to break Asuka's streak maybe next year since they had such a great NXT feud. Anyway Shana getting the win here made a lot of sense. She's pretty much the monster female of NXT and this pushes how dangerous she is will still making Ember look strong. She went out like a G, not mad at all.

Undisputed Era needed this win and the Strong swerve no one saw coming at all. One of the best swerves I've seen in a minute. I feel like they have big plans for UE and I don't think there are any other successful factions in the WWE at the moment. Keep these guys together so they can do big things on the main roster one day.

Alister had to get this win but the way the match went at times I didn't think it would happen. Amazing match and this just shows Almas can go.

Gargano vs Ciampa. Holy shit. 5 stars. The small things like the ref not being in a ref shirt since this match was unsanctioned. The match going on last and after the normal Takeover time limit like those old school territory "lights out" matches. The storytelling, the ring work. This match had it all. Gargano has two 5 star matches so far this year in less than 6 months. MOTY contender for sure. Watch this shit!

So far to me Takeover = Matches
Wrestlemaina = Moments

I hope AJ and Nak can do something similar match quality wise because these are going to be hard acts to follow.