Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI've seen him in person. He's *very* nice, but very intermittently.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2648365&mesg_id=2648369
2648369, I've seen him in person. He's *very* nice, but very intermittently.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Mar-28-18 04:05 PM
The reports that he's a "low motor" player are definitely true from the couple of games I got to see him play out here. He was content to coast from play to play until he saw an opportunity-- but when he'd strike on those opportunities, it's easy to get enamored with the talent. He can hit 3s, he can viciously block shots, and he's relatively mobile for a guy so tall and long. Every time you want to say "this dude is overrated," he'll do something that gives you a Kenan as Steve Harvey reaction.

Hard to say what kind of pro he'll be unless he shows consistently that he can play the full 40. He also definitely needs to gain weight-- Ayton could afford to occasionally coast because he's a grown man body who can hit 3s at a high clip and beast when necessary. I could see Bol having the same trouble with more physical bigs that Bamba did on occasion this season.