Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectit's not like i'm out here driving recklessly, runnin' up on sidewalks...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2648352&mesg_id=2660051
2660051, it's not like i'm out here driving recklessly, runnin' up on sidewalks...
Posted by builtfromwax, Thu May-31-18 04:21 PM
...and trampling pedestrians, but Soto is legit.

even last night, he went opposite field for a single after going 0 for 3 which drove in a run to put the team up 2-0. but the amazing thing was watching him kinda talk about the approach for the AB when he was at first with the 1B coach. couldn't hear it, but his gestures indicated that he wanted to the ball to go opposite. he's 19, but that right there said to me he sees the game at an advanced level and is trying to execute. he's been more successful than not thus far; even defensively.

we all know baseball is a game of overcoming failure. but he's making it look too easy. like he won't turn 20 'til after the season is done. hell yeah he's got upside.

the difficult part is that he'll be sent back down to Harrisburg or Syracuse, but he's shown he belongs. i'm not even pumping the brakes, i'm just tapping 'em lightly to let the slower traffic to pass in order to switch into a faster lane.