Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectF1 2018 is a wrap. 2019 should be absolutely silly
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2647897&mesg_id=2679960
2679960, F1 2018 is a wrap. 2019 should be absolutely silly
Posted by spenzalii, Mon Nov-26-18 12:13 PM
Lewis wins. Seb comes second, Fitting end to the season. Seeing them both give Alonso the guard of honor treatment on the cool down lap and the triple doughnuts for the fans was beautiful. While max came in 3rd, nobody cared or really wanted to talk to him. Between Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton, they have 11 of 14 of the last driver championships. To see all three of them standing together is a moment in time we may not see again. Somehow i doubt if Rosberg were still racing that he's be in the mix with those 3 at the end (but still, kudos to Nico). I wish Alonso the best in trying to win at Indy the next few years. To have a motorsport triple crown winner I can tell my kids I saw would be nice. That race day Indy will have more juice than Monaco.

It seems everyone that retired is switching teams next year. Coincidence? Yeah. Still...

Kudos to Danny for his last race at RB. They did screw him over not bringing him in sooner. Whether going with the hypersoft tires would have helped close the gap (and whether they would have held until the end) we'll never know. Would have liked one more shooey.

I'll have to check to see who is driving for whom next season, as almost every team has had a shakeup, it seems. Will Honda or Renault make the jump to challenge Ferrari and Mercedes? Can McLaren and Williams get out of their funk and field a competitive car? Will Danny have a better season than Max? Can Bottas be more than a wingman for Hamilton? Will we have a Hamilton 3-peat, or will Vettel match him with 5? We'll have to wait for March to see for sure.

Bring it on!