Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Toronto FC 1 - 2 Chivas (CCL Final first leg)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2647873&mesg_id=2651238
2651238, RE: Toronto FC 1 - 2 Chivas (CCL Final first leg)
Posted by upUPNorth, Wed Apr-18-18 01:12 PM
That was disappointing to watch last night. Bono has been amazing for us up to this point, but lets that second goal get over him when it really shouldn't have. I could forgive the slow start if they recovered better. Jozy and Gio didn't seem quite on their game, some chances were there but weren't taken.

And that Chivas team did look like the best team we've come up against to me more than the previous two MX teams. Everyone made a big deal about them being bad in the Closura now but they clearly play solid all around Soccer and are focused on this tournament. It feels like the dynamic changed, TFC may have went in feeling more confident and Chivas probably showed us more respect than the previous teams. That was one of the fairest games I've seen played, one yellow for a time-wasting throw I think, the calls I wish went our way are mostly out of team bias and were probably fair calls, Chivas were there to play soccer and you could sense the respect and lack of BS.

I can only hope our offensive prowess actually benefits from a better field and weather in Mexico next week and we can break them down if they try to park it.