Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectas a Hawks fan, i think Richard is definitely on the decline.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2646374&mesg_id=2646456
2646456, as a Hawks fan, i think Richard is definitely on the decline.
Posted by PROMO, Sat Mar-10-18 11:47 PM
he's been not his regular self the last two seasons as he's battled nagging injuries. he's already had to have an unexpected surgery this offseason in addition to surgery on his torn achilles. torn achilles often change an athlete FOREVER. for these reasons, i understand WHY the Hawks parted ways with him, although I wouldn't be MAD if he had stayed.

what really tickles me though is seeing either 1) Niners fans who used to spew VENOM on his name suddenly do a 180 and start praising him, or (and this is even better) 2) Niners fans who unconditionally hate Sherman and are struggling to the deal with the rage boiling inside themselves now that he's on their team.

i wish Richard the best. he should be in the Hawks Ring of Honor in my opinion. i totally understand why he went to the Niners. i'm sure he has an axe to grind with either the Hawks or Pete Carroll or both regarding how he was treated the last two seasons. He's a competitor and has a chip on his shoulder always and he'd love nothing more than to stick it to the team that cut him (even if they were the same team that took a chance on him when no others did).