Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectbest ASG I've seen in a while
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2643936&mesg_id=2644012
2644012, best ASG I've seen in a while
Posted by mashpg89, Mon Feb-19-18 02:04 PM
They all tried hard and kept it competitive throughout the game to make sure it went down to the wire. Some thoughts:

I guess Silver agreed to take all of the corniness out of the only offense game and put it into a cringeworthy intro. Pretty sure everybody watching that hated it, and I wouldn't be surprised if a whole lotta people tuned out because of it.

Speaking of corny, stop letting Reggie do big games. Everybody finds him annoying. The only good line he had tonight was the Ice Cube quote about "shut up and dribble".

Jimmy Butler is a diva. Last year he barely played because he claimed he was above the watered down competition, but this year he just rested cause he felt like it or was nursing a hangover. If he wanted to rest or planned on getting shitfaced the night before then he should have let somebody else take his place. Lou Williams was rightfully mad and Curry wasted a pick on him.

Steph had an open shot in his range with 8 seconds left but didn't want it. Then he made a bad play. If your team loses you shouldn't get to be captain next year.

Overall though, that was a very enjoyable game. Surprised this thread isn't more popping. I like the new format and the newfound competitiveness. That's how i'd imagine all those guys playing together on a Sunday at the neighborhood gym. If they tweak the selection process and cut out all corniness, next year's All Star Sunday will be even better. Now if they can just figure out All Star Saturday...