Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt makes me mad, cuz I used to really like IT.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2640330&mesg_id=2640999
2640999, It makes me mad, cuz I used to really like IT.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Jan-31-18 08:02 PM
Liked him at Washington, was rooting for him.

Then people said he was better than Kyrie. I was even okay with that— he had a really good season (there were lunatics on this board who said it before the Celtics, but whatever, can’t reason with trolls).

But then when I read some people saying that Cleveland won the trade because IT was better than Kyrie? After all Kyrie did for Cleveland? Especially when I’d see people calling IT a better defender— which wasn’t even true when Kyrie was a *bad* defender? Yeah, I got mad. The defense thing in particular set me off.

So yeah, I’m probably having a little too much fun. It was just *so obvious* Kyrie was gonna be left holding a bag of washed dudes after the offseason, so I’m really really happy everything went down the way it did. The fact that the same folks who tried to justify the trade being better for Cleveland are now the ones saying “wait, IT’s not playing defense!! What the hell??” when that makes it crystal clear they’d never watched him play a game? Yeah, that’s icing.

I hope IT gets out of there and gets a chance at a fresh start somewhere else, so I can go back to liking him again for what he is— a fun little dude with a lot of offensive skill.