Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Am I the only one who thinks VD's entrance still needs some serious work?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2639705&mesg_id=2640405
2640405, RE: Am I the only one who thinks VD's entrance still needs some serious work?
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Jan-29-18 08:45 AM
>Everything but the shirtless man and that fine ass valet
>still screams B-grade
>
>The gimmick is cool otherwise.
>
>As an aside, I wish KaKishi Ohno gave half a fuck.

It does. I love him as a rock solid work in progress, but I hope they don’t leave well enough alone with him because he’s already so over.

His packaged promos are money on the table. But he still needs to be the character at absolutely every moment. That way, he’d do more absurd stuff in random situations to put it over the top. Him and his friends should just be sitting around thinking of jackass stuff for a psycho wrestling Prince to do. If Prince is your template, there’s mountains of material to sift through. Sure, this not being attitude era stops lots of it, but there’s still plenty to do. It’s kinda like the Rock. Once Dwayne got to the point where he was totally the Rock all the damn time and everything that happened led to some kind of Rock reply or action, he was in there. I’m saying saying Dream is the Rock in waiting, but an absurd character can work if the guy playing the character gets like 6 good things to do that fit that character well. Then, you just roll with it and the promos damn near make themselves.

Right now, he has ‘say my name’. That works on me but he needs to add on.

I also want more lyrics or something from the theme song. If he’s gets those 6 good things, he could slide a few of those in there. Say my name is good enough to throw in right now!