Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI went last night
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2639705&mesg_id=2640402
2640402, I went last night
Posted by Selassie I God, Mon Jan-29-18 03:55 AM
Got a freebie through a friend of a friend. I was pleasantly surprised overall by the quality of the card.

Very surprised at the card order, especially the Womens' Rumble being last. The early stuff was, well, blah, like the cruiserweights and the tag match. I'm quickly getting tired of Roode...we'll see.

Styles match was good IMO, no surprise there. Usos also a good match, surprised it was two straight falls.

Mens Rumble was pretty decent...good to see no Scott Hall, XPac, or other ancient entrants. I guess Nakamura was the obvious pick (though I didn't pick him on the contest...lol) and I have no issue with him winning.

The Bar wins...meh. I'd much rather they win than the Jordan/Rollins garbage, but the match was ordinary besides Rollins IMO.

Then the worst match of the night happened. Brock wins again and Kane really needs to go away. A Lesnar / Strowman match would have been much better, but unless Braun won that matchup, he would have looked weak as hell, and I doubt they want him to headline WM at this point.

Then my surprise of the card...the Womens match was very good. My only complaint with it was the old folks reunion of sorts, but to have 30, they almost had to do that. A 20 person match without the older entrants would have been epic, but as it was it was a pleasant surprise.

The crowd...well...for a Philly crowd, it was ok I guess. Very hyped up early then petered out after the Mens RR match. Not the typical Philly crowd I'm used to.
Oh yeah, the Rousey thing...for me it shat all over the purpose of the Womens RR match. All the top talent goes to war for a title shot, and afterwards she strolls her ass to the ring, points at the WM sign, and she's in?? All I can say is she better be good...but I doubt it.