Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecthere's how i would book her, for example.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2639705&mesg_id=2640393
2640393, here's how i would book her, for example.
Posted by pretentious username, Mon Jan-29-18 12:35 AM
Have Rousey come in on Monday and challenge Sasha for Mania or come in on Tuesday and challenge Becky for Mania. That gives her the Mania spot, still gives a great wrestler the spotlight against her, and doesn't hot-shot her while hiding the women who have been around for a while. She's a big name so I'm not gonna argue she should be on the preshow with Dana Brooke or whatever, but I simply think it makes everyone look like shit if she comes in and immediately faces whoever she wants.

You have a point about the women you named, but most of them won't be in a big spot at Mania anyway, and you can say the same about plenty of male wrestlers too. I just don't think there's a point to the women's revolution if a couple years in a newcomer can roll in and basically main event right away. It's the same shit they always do and we often criticize it when it's a guy. If it's 4 horsewomen vs. 4 horsewomen at mania that'd be a bit better and would make more sense, but idk... she still stole Asuka's moment and that's not really cool.

> She has real chops, and that’s what women’s wrestling
>needs. The women’s stuff needs to look physical and feel
>violent, not like patty cake. Rousey is bonafide and can help.
>We’ll see if she can go.

I wouldn't count on crossover though. MMA folks are hit or miss when transitioning to pro wrestling. Baszler looked great last night, but maybe Rousey won't. We really don't know. That's why a Sasha or Becky startup program seems like a better idea to me.