Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectpretentious_username nailed the reference
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2638353&mesg_id=2639273
2639273, pretentious_username nailed the reference
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Mon Jan-22-18 05:35 PM
>I’m asking because unless he did I don’t see how it’s
>his fault unless he was the one who made it public

I wasn't following the story of the tribute until PP made his comment about wanting the night to himself and likening the night to Kobe's night. If the Celts just made a press release that they decided to only honor Paul Pierce that night, I don't think anyone would have really cared about the story after a day or so.

If PP said, "The Celtics and I are working out exactly how to handle the situation," and then not have his conversation with Danny leaked to the press, Pierce would have not been criticized, the Celtics would have came out like they were doing right by Paul while also being considerate.

IT would have been made out like he was being slighted by the organization again, but that's what happened anyway.

The way it worked out now, the Pierce looks mean-spirited and curmudgeonly, the Celts look wishy washy and IT looks to be the only adult in the situation.

Pierce isn't wrong for wanting a night to himself but he didn't manage the press well at all and while he's not at fault for his wish, he is at fault for mishandling the situation.