Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBirds of prey. I got the Eagles 20 Falcons 19. Gonna be a close one.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2637594&mesg_id=2637609
2637609, Birds of prey. I got the Eagles 20 Falcons 19. Gonna be a close one.....
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Sat Jan-13-18 02:49 PM
I think.

Generally speaking, the mood among Philly fans has been very subdued since Nickpolean Dynamite took over as QB - and with good reason. With that said, there's no reason to believe this team still can't reel off a few wins in the postseason. After all, we have a great defense and some really nice weapons on offense.

My keys to the game for the Eagles to win:

1 - Be efficient in the redzone. I don't see this being a high scoring game nor do I see us scoring on big plays, so the more TD's the team can convert in the red zone, the better.

2 - Protect the football and force turnovers. Commit to the run and protect the football. On defense, get to the QB and force Matty Ice into making bad decisions.

3 - DL must dominate. Our front 7 has been outstanding all season and they need to continue that dominance today by setting the tone early and disrupting ATL's offense.

4 - Find creative ways to get the ball to our WR's and TEs. Please no more lame WR screens to Torry Smith. Commit to getting the ball to Alshon Jeffery and Ags and heavily target Ertz, Celek, and Burton.

5 - Special teams continue to be special. We may need another 60+ yarder to win this game. ATL has a good kicker too.

All very simple points, but imo, the realistic ways we can rely on our strengths to beat ATL.

Kind of hard to gauge my excitement knowing our team is nowhere close to full strength without Wentz, Peters, Sproles, Hicks, etc., but I'm still definitely excited to see how this group goes out and plays. Though we have some guys who will inevitably move on after the season, I think this team is definitely primed to make a serious run in the near future.