Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject8.25 highlights. Jose Pedraza takes Beltran's title. Will now face Loma
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2637073&mesg_id=2671493
2671493, 8.25 highlights. Jose Pedraza takes Beltran's title. Will now face Loma
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Mon Aug-27-18 05:41 AM
Jose Pedraza captures the WBO belt off Beltran
That was a much better fight than anticipated... beautiful uppercut landed by Pedraza in the 11th to score the knockdown. I think Beltran needs to retire. At 37, he's never had any head movement, and he made Pedraza's jab look almost legendary, b/c it connected nearly every time it was thrown. That was just pathetic. Congrats to Pedraza for a dominant performance. He really overcame the odds, because ESPN's biased calling of the fight made it clear that they would've given it to Beltran if it was close. Pedraza seems to have really gotten focused since his only loss to Tank.
Pedraza will now unify with Lomachenko on December 1st. I got friends who are picking Pedraza, b/c they hate how Loma gets the media hype over other fighters who have better careers. I hate it too, and there are fighters I'd pick over Loma, but Pedraza ain't one of them lol. I think Loma beats him even if his shoulder isn't fully healed.

Super Featherweight, Robson Conceicao did his thing on the undercard. This guy was 405 - 15 in he amateurs, so people are expecting big things from him the pros. I got hip to him on this card and watched some older fights of his. Good fighter... one to watch. The 130 division gonna mess around and get hot out here.

Isaac Dogboe beat the shit out of another guy on the undercard. 2nd round KO. Lil tough ass super bantamweight guy with alotta punching power, complete with a Wakandan chant lol. I don't find him very impressive as a boxer, but power is always a factor. See also: Regis Prograis. They both take quite a few punches but just relentlessly come forward and smash opponents.