Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWow! Pacquiao KO's Mattysse in the 7th for the WBA welterweight belt
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2637073&mesg_id=2668374
2668374, Wow! Pacquiao KO's Mattysse in the 7th for the WBA welterweight belt
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sat Jul-14-18 11:16 PM
Mattysse went down from a left uppercut in the 3rd took a knee at end of the 5th after two right jabs. Got taken out by the left uppercut. PacMan made me proud tonight. Great performance... especially for a 39 yr old. His last KO was in 2009. He didn't wanna talk about who he wants to fight next, so maybe he just wanted to go out on this high note. I'd advise that, because as a title holder in the welterweight division, he'd have to face Crawford or Spence eventually, neither of which I think he can beat. He's had a great career. Either retire or drop the belt and get money fights.

In other news today, Regis Prograis will be going to the super lightweight boxing super series with his victory over Juan Jose Velasco, an 8th round KO from body shots. Velasco told his trainer he didn't wanna continue after the 7th, but his trainer pushed him and ended up throwing in the towel.

Teofimo Lopez dominated in his 10th fight against William Silva with a 6th round KO.

Lu Bin challenged for a light flyweight title in his 2nd pro fight against Carlos Canizales. Bin was KO'd with 10 seconds left in the 12th round. That was a good fight.