Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Nvm about Saunders and Charlo
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2637073&mesg_id=2642378
2642378, RE: Nvm about Saunders and Charlo
Posted by S_Ali, Thu Feb-08-18 10:30 AM
>I said Saunders might be more willing to fight
>Charlo than GGG or Canelo, but it was just
>reported that Saunders doesn't even wanna fight
>Jacobs. If he doesn't want smoke with Jacobs,
>he definitely doesn't want it with Charlo.

If he watched the Julian Williams fight, I can understand why he would focus on Charlo. Charlo might be the biggest middleweight in the division. He tends to load up at times, relying on his power and allow himself to be out worked. Up into the stoppage, you could argue Williams won every round. Even when he was dropped early in round 2 he came back very strong to finish the round. Charlo just caught him with a beautiful counter but Williams was doing well until then. I think Charlo might be the most vulnerable to a boxer that has a lot of movement. Nobody can question his power but if he is in there with a full blown middleweight that is not interested in standing there waiting to get hit things could get interesting. I think Jacobs is the more accomplished boxer out of the two.

>I thought maybe he would be off that cherry-
>picking BS after the Lemieux performance, but
>he's still the same paper champion he's always
>been.
>
Defeating Lemieux was a solid victory for Saunders. He was the most feared puncher in the division outside of GGG. I think Saunders wants a lucrative fight and the only guys that can provide that is Canelo or GGG. GGG has all of the other belts at 160. Fighting Charlo or Jacobs is risky before you've had a chance to unify. I'm not going to say he is ducking just yet.