Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI Hope So
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2637073&mesg_id=2640909
2640909, I Hope So
Posted by S_Ali, Wed Jan-31-18 12:20 PM
2017 was definitely a banner year for the sport. Numerous truly competitive fights between young fighters in their prime. Problem being, most of those fights ended up being split decision fights where the outcomes were debatable. I'm not sure if that encourages competition (Risk) or if it goes back to regularly scheduled programming where we only see those kind of fights in mandatories or if there is a lot of money on the line.

The only guy willing to fight Gary Russell Jr. was Lomancenko. Selby and Mares act as if he doesn't exist. Have you ever heard anybody at 147 mention Errol Spence without being asked. Who can Andrade or Jermall Charlo realistically fight at 160. Hurd/Lara is a good sign. 154 seems like they are on a collision course to unify the titles. I just wish the same could be said in just about every other division. It will be hard to beat 2017. Showtime has started on the right track, hopefully they will continue the momentum later on in 2018.