Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: 2018 Will Be Another Great Year For Boxing
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2637073&mesg_id=2637206
2637206, RE: 2018 Will Be Another Great Year For Boxing
Posted by BlassFemur, Tue Jan-09-18 11:29 PM
That Ortiz/ Wilder fight is gonna be nuts. It's extremely dangerous fight for Wilder though, because even though he beat Stiverne and Arreola he never looks sharp to me and is really wild with his punches. Ortiz to me is a lot better puncher though I haven't seen him fight a ton, so I'm not sure if he has other issues like gassing out in late rounds. Doubt it goes late anyways.

I think Lara beats Hurd. Hurd got hit a ton against trout so what you think Lara's gonna do.

I think Jermall Charlo will be the one to hand GGG his first loss. GGG has no advantages against him. I can see GGG fighting backwards a lot that fight and it won't be good for him. Plus Charlo will go at him unlike Jacobs...who should have beat GGG had he not shown him so much respect. Curious to see how Canelo does against GGG in the 2nd fight though, because to me he should be able to beat GGG.

Whoever fights Spence at WW aside from Crawford to me is an automatic loss. They'll be the elite of the division once Crawford makes it official. Spence is already there obviously he just needs Thurman's name crossed off to seal the deal.

Very quality year of boxing shaping up indeed.