Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectPeople saying they didn't TRY to get him people
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2636566&mesg_id=2637446
2637446, People saying they didn't TRY to get him people
Posted by COOLEHMAGAZINE, Fri Jan-12-18 10:42 AM
That is false. They HAVE TRIED to put Cam with every type of player they could get on offense with the type of picks they had. Lots of teams have drafted much, much worst on offense over the timespan we are discussing.

>man i dont even like the panthers but this is bull. all bull.
>i watch em every week.
>
>funchess a bum. they got him for catch radius and physicality.
>he don't do none of that shit. exhibit A, not fighting for
>that deep ball that couldve won the game. BUM

They drafted him high, for a reason, though. To put weapons around Cam that fit his skillset.

>
>benjamin. acquired to provide catch radius and physicality. he
>dont dont do none of that shit and he got stone hands.
>panthers offense actually started playing well once they got
>rid of him. BUM
>

copy paste the above

>it dont matter how high they got picked. if they suck they
>suck.

It matters if your argument was that the organization has not tried to put weapons around him.

Here is an example; I roast the Seahawks for not prioritizing their offensive line. They have not drafted linemen high, they have consistently tried to coach up "athletes" including a college defensive linemen. They traded an important cog. There is evidence of disinvestment. If they had drafted some guys high that fit into some philosophically-sound "plan", and they busted, I wouldn't say they didn't TRY, I would say they FAILED.

>
>tolbert. old as fuck. he a bum now.
>stewart. old as fuck. he a bum now.

Seems harsh. He got 3.6 a carry and 6 TDs as a rotational rusher. That is decent. McCaffrey was only getting 3.7, is he a bum too?

>
>ginn, as likely to drop a TD as he is to catch one.

Well, he helped send em home so there is that. Either way you look at it, he was a weapon that they put around Cam. A flawed weapon, but a proven gamebreaker who just proved it by breaking the game open against them. What more is there to say?

>
>mccaffrey nice. bet if you put him on the pats or the saints
>he'd have double the yards but he dont. because their OC is a
>bum an cant scheme up ways to get him the ball in space

Okay. Does he make Cam throw the ball over everyone's heads though?

>olson nice.

Yeah, he is one of the best TE's in the league

>samuel been injured most of the year.

They still acquired him, which shows they are laser focused on putting weapons around Cam.

>that's it
>
>just say you hate cam and leave it at that.

Binary thinking. More than one thing can be true.