Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectlol. cmon.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2635421&mesg_id=2635565
2635565, lol. cmon.
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Fri Dec-29-17 05:13 PM
>Defensively, Tatum is
>unquestionably the better and more versatile player. Tatum's

lolz. Porzingis is an elite rim protector (1st in the NBA in defensive FG% in the restricted area, 2nd in BLK%, 3rd in BPG) and anchors his teams' defense. He's clearly the higher impact defensive player.

>4Q numbers are superior. Tatum's a key component on the best
>team in the East, whereas Zingis is a Top 4 usage player in
>the NBA on a sub-.500 team. I could easily argue that if you
>doubled Tatum's usage that he could score four more buckets
>per game and match Zingis's scoring numbers.

Exactly - Tatum is a component surrounded by a really good team. He doesn't have the burden of carrying a team like Porzingis does. KP has to do way more by himself as the focal point on offense and the defensive anchor on the other end. If Tatum had to carry the scoring load like KP does he could score more, sure (although matching KP's scoring numbers would be a stretch - you don't just double your usage and automatically add 10ppg that easily.) And his efficiency would also drop + it would take a toll on his defense as he would have less energy to expend on the other end (and he would also average more turnovers as he has a higher TO% than KP.)

>I understand that Zingis will get it over Tatum. I hear that
>argument, duh. But if you want me to make an argument for my
>guy on that list? There it is.

Tatum's really good and is worthy of being in the discussion for all-star consideration. but this is basically a "given the minutes" argument.