Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI've definitely heard it, I'd say market is the main thing holding it back
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2634914&mesg_id=2635134
2635134, I've definitely heard it, I'd say market is the main thing holding it back
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Dec-26-17 10:34 AM
If he had the Knicks playing at this level he'd be a top-five candidate or better on anyone's list. I know a guy who covers the Pacers and some national writers who have said they love the job he is doing.

Personally I thought the Pacers were the big underachiever of last season but a lot of it had to do with injuries. On paper they should have been the fourth-best team in the East IMO but they had a really shitty start and never seemed to be 100%. Obviously getting PG signaled a rebuild but it wasn't a tear-down. Nice to see them winning and I think they will finish the year firmly above .500, which is exceeding expectations.

McMillan was a guy I knew would be a coach. Loved his Seattle teams, he and Jim O'Brien embraced the perimeter game like few others at that time. The Portland thing seemed like a great gig but of course it all fell apart, not really his fault.