Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'd spend that money on Cousins in a heartbeat.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2632651&mesg_id=2632663
2632663, I'd spend that money on Cousins in a heartbeat.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Dec-04-17 11:26 AM
Replaces Lopez, shoots the 3 tremendously well which would fit Walton's plans. Would give the Lakers with Ingram/Kuzma/Cousins one of the better frontcourts in the NBA by next year. Outside of his 3-point shooting, there's nothing George provides that Ingram doesn't right now-- and if they signed a different max player that can shoot 3s and some other shooting pieces, then that element is taken care of anyhow.

My suggestion if they get Cousins, which probably won't go over well with some but whatever, would be to maybe look at Chris Paul-- ideally not for a longer deal, maybe a shorter and pricier deal, if he'd be interested-- to come in, help the Lakers win right away with that frontcourt while mentoring Lonzo and putting less pressure on him to need to do everything as a 20-year-old PG.

Or, y'know, just sign Bron to run the point and mentor Lonzo.

But I agree, I don't know why you'd sign George to the max for his 20/6/3 when Ingram is 20 right now and already giving you 16/6/3 at the same position on a rookie deal for the next three years.