Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Man, this season has been pretty good...and frustrating
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2632251&mesg_id=2650168
2650168, RE: Man, this season has been pretty good...and frustrating
Posted by auragin_boi, Wed Apr-11-18 08:11 AM
>Ha. I've always had the feeling that our FO's best skill in
>scouting is luck. I felt good about this season back in
>November because I thought we'd be bad enough to land (at
>least) a top 3 pick, which would make scouting easier. But
>now that it's in the 7-10 range, *shrug*. Full disclosure, I
>have an agenda towards Paxson and Forman so, take my comments
>with a grain of salt.

They've actually done semi-well lately. It was those early picks (Tyrus friggin' Thomas) that stained their rep. I personally think there's only a few ways for them to mess up a top 10 pick this yr. There's a lot of good options.

>- I liked the idea of drafting Trae Young (cause I think he
>will be available), but I don't think Dunn, and shoot LaVine
>for that matter would work without the ball in their hands.
>They'd all need it. On another note, I'd like to see Dunn,
>Lavine and Markkannen get more time on the court together. I
>refuse to believe Fred can't get them playing better together.
> The sample size was just so small.

Trae would be awesome but yeah, some stuff would need to change a little. I do think Trae could be great off the ball/splitting handling duties with Dunn. The bulls kinda ball handle by committee sometimes anyway. Setting Trae up for open looks would be dangerous for the league. And I agree, next season will already be better simply due to continuity/a full training camp with everyone healthy.

>- I'd really like to see us get a solid 3D guy. If Denzel is
>your solution at the 3 next year, that's a problem.

Denzel actually developed this year and I love him as a 6th man/bench relief. He's too small to play the 3. That's why I said our immediate needs are SF and C. I think the Bulls, knowing our FO and their recent history, probably has their draft board like this:

1) Ayton - Big, no brainer
2) Doncic - Euro SF is the PERFECT draft pick for them, would be #1 if Ayton wasn't 7 feet tall
3) Bagley - Big who can help and do almost everything well.
4) Porter jr - Light bright, 6'10", SF, can shoot, good character...type of guy they like
5) Carter jr - because of everything I listed earlier AND he went to Duke so...Coach K
6) Bamba/Young - Defensive big and Offensive PG

>- Any chance the Bulls package #8 & #21 for something higher?

This would be interesting. To move up would be cool but we don't know where our pick will land. Right now, our record says #7 or #6 depending on what happens tonight. and the Pels pick might be a lil higher too (or lower). But #6 or better plus the Pels pick could get us a slot or two depending on how it goes. I expect them to explore it.

>- I really hope the Bulls sign David Nwaba.

To a reasonable deal, I'm with it. Him and Denzel off the bench really helps. Low key, we have a young promising bench (Vonleh, Denzel, Nwaba, Portis, Holiday and one of Grant/Payne).