Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHonest answer? Both equally. And that's not a cop out.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2632191&mesg_id=2632373
2632373, Honest answer? Both equally. And that's not a cop out.
Posted by mrhood75, Fri Dec-01-17 06:33 PM
Because I loved both for different reasons.

The first one was great because it was a reward for, at the very least, the better part of two decades of ineptitude that was I'd ever personally seen in a Sport's organization. And it wasn't part of a process, we were just horribly, horribly run. There were times in the late '90s/early '00s that I would have favored contracting the Warriors than playing another season. So to see all that ineptitude get transformed into something beautiful and awesome through home grown talent (Splash Bros., Draymond, Barnes) and a few key signings of veteran role players (Iggy and Bogut) was definitely a highlight of my sports-related life.

The second one was equally great because it is sometimes really inspiring to see a perfectly put together team with two of three best players in the NBA and 4 of the top 15 just maul the competition. It was so satisfying to see that team fire on all cylinders at the right time and know that no one was going to stop us during those play-offs. To know that an absolutely infuriating Finals loss the previous year was the key to setting us up to have the potential to become a dynasty just makes me fucking smile right now.

Closest sport's analogue I can think of the 1994 Niners Team. The fact that it was a "super team" doesn't mean I enjoyed it any less than those other '80s championships.