Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectreading is fundamental...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2631020&mesg_id=2674067
2674067, reading is fundamental...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Fri Sep-28-18 12:07 PM
..comprehension is crucial.

i never said he was an underdog. in fact, i don't think he's an underdog at all. for all accounts, he grew up in a 2 parent suburban household. Still, that doesn't mean he didn't face challenges. Poverty isn't the only form of adversity.

Lonzo ball has been living with a target on his back since high school. His blowhard of a father made sure that every ounce of pressure you could possibly bestow upon a kid (talented or not) was thrown at him early (and often) and he still managed to exceed and excel at an elite level.

some of y'all act like height and handles guarantee a spot on an nba roster. there are plenty of gifted athletes that wash out long before they ever come close to the kind of success Lonzo has. and he did that with a loudmouth father and a mother facing chemo.

how many children dream of playing in the nba. better yet, how many children claim they'll be starting PG for the Lakers and actually do it?

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...